N16 Fog light electrics

edk

Addicted to Torque
Staff member
I'm creating this for Subz but thought I'd share for all.

Remove the cowling from the steering column. Should find two screws in the bottom part, then the top just lifts off. You might find it easier if you release the column tilt lock.
IMG_0590.jpg

Two small screws hold the stalk on.
IMG_0592.jpg

Two connectors are attached to the stalk. Press the tabs in and prise the connector out at the same time to remove them.
IMG_0593.jpg

Connector as above.
IMG_0594.jpg

Under the bonnet in the engine bay you'll need a 15A fuse as shown. This fuse box is located left of the battery.
IMG_0595.jpg

Then add the relay, located left of the coolant expansion tank on the left side of the engine bay.
IMG_0596.jpg

Not spamming here. But did you check that there was connections for both sides of the fuse you fitted? Dysopaths didnt need a fuse, neither did my Twister. Just seeing if the fuse is actually needed..

Connectors? You mean metal in the actual fuse box that the fuse slots into? There is in mine.

Yup, thats what I meant :) How odd. Mine and Dyso didnt need a fuse (mine doesnt even have metal pins/connections in the fusebox) for the fogs to work?? Maybe its only models that come with fogs as standard that have the fuse wired up?

May be. Or a ph2 thing? Dunno, another Nissan mystery! I'll see if I can turn my fogs on without a fuse in.

I brought a OEM Phase 2 fog light upgrade kit from ebay. it came with full fitting instructions.

it never said anything about a fuse it was only the stalk and 1 relay

Oh well, I was only taking off what I saw and thought was relevant to the front fogs ;) I'm sure you guys can see that.

Back
Top Bottom