Hello

Well this thread is going the way I hoped it would, and having read Dyldo's post about getting some pictures of a stock ECU, I grabbed my camera and set about photographing the ECU I have here. By the time I got a few pictures done, Liam has come on saying that he has some stock ECU's, so my pictures aren't needed, so I decided to take some pictures of the build at its current stage, for the guys who asked for more. I also decided to chuck in a couple of the pedal box I fabricated, so I hope you like them.IMG00159-20120906-0936.jpg
The first picture is what I bought of a chap in Brigg. The next few are of the strip down, and then I started cutting off what I didn't like, until I ended up with picture class9cage, which I think is fairly self explanatory! Then came the rebuild. and the new pedal box built from scratch. And on right up to today and the state of my fabrication area, as it is right now. In the garage you may just be able to make the gearbox sitting on top of the car. Its been stripped down and the diff welded up, the reassembled and just needs the case bolting on over the top of the gear clusters. It is also possible to see that I decided to chop the back off as well :)Under the silver tarp sits my SR20DE motor, ready to be married to the chassis, but unfortunately that aint gonna happen until it stops raining and I can get across the boating lake that my landlord laughingly calls a drive!:mad: Hope you like the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG00161-20120915-1256.jpg
    IMG00161-20120915-1256.jpg
    501 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG00166-20120915-1348.jpg
    IMG00166-20120915-1348.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 32
  • class9cage.jpeg
    class9cage.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG00182-20121019-1518.jpg
    IMG00182-20121019-1518.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 32
  • onits front wheels.jpg
    onits front wheels.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 28
  • pedal blanks.jpg
    pedal blanks.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 29
  • pedals.jpg
    pedals.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 28
  • frontend.jpg
    frontend.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 29
  • SAM_0434.JPG
    SAM_0434.JPG
    323.6 KB · Views: 31
I don't know if anyone's interested, but I thought I'd post this anyway. Remember the nice shiny Almera 2GTI that I started this thread with? well after a season racing on the grass, I took it out on tarmac as a Thunder Rod at Ringwood Raceway, to find out if I'd cured an overheating issue with the car and got helped into the wall at around 60mph by a banger driver masquerading as a Thunder Rod driver. The car went from 60 to naught in about 3 feet and overheating became moot as when it hit the wall, the timing chain snapped and the engine ate itself! :mad:IMG00169-20121012-1115.jpg

Attachments

• IMG00170-20121012-1116.jpg
    IMG00170-20121012-1116.jpg
    597 KB · Views: 18
Yes you should. Show me show. I could probably offer a de-nats service if i know whats needed.
Liam I'd become your bitch and even have your babies if when you get it sorted out, you can explain to me how to get shot of the NATS. I will also be eternally in your debt if you can sort me out with which wires I need to connect to get the motor running on song. The skies the limit, if between us we can fig out, how to crank up the power a bit ;) Cheers mate, Tom

Liam I'd become your bitch and even have your babies if when you get it sorted out, you can explain to me how to get shot of the NATS. I will also be eternally in your debt if you can sort me out with which wires I need to connect to get the motor running on song. The skies the limit, if between us we can fig out, how to crank up the power a bit ;) Cheers mate, Tom
Sorry mate but just so you know he is my bitch but im willing to negotiate a loan as long as it includes no babies x

Unfortunately I saw that crash down at matchams/ringwood race way :( did you take it down there a few times ?
Nah only the once. Before that I raced a Honda CRX Del Sol,and widdle fucking Jim helped me into the wall with that :mad: I hadn't raced Matchams for over 20 years, when I used to race a 1300 Stockcar and a Stock rod. Back then it was cliquey, but on the whole the racing in Stockrods was pretty clean. Now it seems like they're just a bunch of arseholes, who think fuck all of sticking you in the wall just to gain a place. So I doubt I will be racing there again, as I'm not so bendy as I used to was, and crashes these days tend to hurt! ;)

Sorry mate but just so you know he is my bitch but im willing to negotiate a loan as long as it includes no babies x
I'm sorry, but I fear that you misunderstood my post. I don't want to step on your toes by taking Liam as my bitch, what I'm actually offering is to become his bitch! So by proxy I would become your bitch-in-law, provided that's acceptable? :)

It can be removed, my ecu and two others I know of have had it removed with no issues at all

I suppose I should really get my ecu out and get some pictures and compare to see whats been removed/linked out so everyone can have the benefit if they like?!

....phone....
Hi Chunky, did you manage to get some pics of you de-nated ecu? I've sent Liam a pm, but not heard anything back from him. I'd be grateful if you can let me have a look at the insides of your ecu, as I can maybe figure out how to get shot of the nats too. Cheers Tom

I've heard of a few autograssed sr20s getting oil starved bearings due to the Gs and the oil pan being a poor design. Some overfill the sump or weld in some baffles to compensate. Just a heads up.:)

I've heard of a few autograssed sr20s getting oil starved bearings due to the Gs and the oil pan being a poor design. Some overfill the sump or weld in some baffles to compensate. Just a heads up.:)

Surly track driving makes more g's ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry i didnt reply, im on mobile internet and can never be bothered, trn i forgot.

Ill send you over a pm next week when my broadband is installed.

Cheers for the heads up bud. I raced a few on grass, but I've never experienced any problems with oil surge. The oil pick up is on the wrong side of the engine for right hand circuits agreed, however it sits down in a sump, which should sort the problem, but I'll keep an eye on it for sure. Thanks.

Sorry i didnt reply, im on mobile internet and can never be bothered, trn i forgot.

Ill send you over a pm next week when my broadband is installed.
Cheers Liam, I appreciate that. I've got most of the engine and drive train installed now. The rear swing arms are fabricated and I'll be sorting out the exhaust system tomorrow, and fabricating up the last engine, and shocker mounts, then it'll be ready to wire up. I've kept the engine loom intact so that's ready to breakdown to the fewest number of bits of electric string as poss. I look forward to hearing from you next week, and good luck with getting on the net.

Surly track driving makes more g's ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
That's debatable, much of a grass circuit covered by a rwd class 9 is done sideways, so its more or less permanently forcing the oil to the left side of the engine, without giving it a break to get back down in the right side of the sump, that the left and right turns a circuit car would allow. IMHO rowdy-GTi makes a valid point.

Back
Top Bottom