Immobiliser light

I am new to this site :Almera 2003 Se Nats Security light stays on position after turning the key in the ignition key Ref:Almera Owners Manual page 1-28
Action 1) Battery for remote from Halfords £4.99 , nothing to do with immobilser been told
2) Using the remote key locking and unlocking car twice seems to work okay
3) Other times using the spare key the car start okay and light goes off
I had a diagnostic check by ERS car systems tel: 0208 599 3000 , identified faults P1614 and P1615
cost £60 , dealer quote was £106 per hour
What that means probable cause: 1) incorect ignition key , 2)immobilser control module
As we have another Nissan Almera we have use the key on the above car so it has confused the computer , just by putting the key in the ignition lock and turning it
4) We had to keep the keys separate from the other nissan car that is recomended see procedure how to restart Re page 1_27
5) I am using only one key to monitor if it is the Remote or the immobilser
Cost of remote may be £90 , Cost of Immobilser £300 plus Vat and Fitting £ 90 plus vat
Learning outcome: 1) Need to care how remote is cared for it is very fragile 2) Identify the remote so that they are not mixed 3) Shop around for Diagnostic Quote , there is mobile company £45 plus vat but not easy to get hold of them
Apparently the keys may need reprogamming or the immobilser need changing
I hope the problem resolve itself if not it will need immobilser which may need to be taken to the dealer Expensive
I hope this is helpful
SamV

to re-programme your key

1)switch ignition on and off 6 times within 10 seconds

after 2 seconds your indicators will flash twice
programming mode will be activated for 2 minutes
press and hold unlock button
press lock button 3 times
release unlock button

indicators will flash once to confirm correct programming

after 4th key is programmed, indicators will flash 3 times to confirm correct programming.

switch ignition on

indicators flash twice (1-3 keys programmed)
indicators will NOT flash if programmed 4 keys

re-programming mode will deactivate

check your keys!

That is for the N15. on the N16's phase 2 only diagnostic equipment can program the Key. if you do not want to go back to Nissan you will have to get the NATS code for your car. The NATS code should be free from Nissan

That is for the N15. on the N16's phase 2 only diagnostic equipment can program the Key. if you do not want to go back to Nissan you will have to get the NATS code for your car. The NATS code should be free from Nissan

thats direct from auto data

nah

to reset the immobilizer you can only do it once

to recode the key you can do it yourself

and it does work as i just tried it :p

Sorry Quickdraw but you are wrong. The key is in 2 parts, 1) remote locking, nothing at all to do with the NATS system, 2) the NATS chip that controls the immob system.

If the vehicle locks unlocks OK the battery and the remote part of the system is ok.

As the NATS light stays on and the vehicle doesn't start this is solely on the NATS system as proved by the 2 fault codes P1614 and P1615.

P1614 CHAIN OF IMMU KEY
P1615 DIFFERENCE OF KEY

1614 means that the NATS IMMU can't see the key or the code that is set is damaged in some way. These is quite a common fault and dependsing on the age of your N16 this could be down to a poor connection to the SECU unit on the system from the NATS antenna. Nissan have released a technical bulletin for this fault and any dealer will be able to point you in the right direction. There is no need to replace the control unit unless there is a different fault with the unit But I would suspect to see P1610 and P1612 if that was the case.. The keys will have to be reprogrammed using the NATS code and that can be ONLY be done using Nissan Consult II, III or III+ The procedure quickdraw has stated above is for re coding the locking remote to the system and NOT the key.

The keys will have to be reprogrammed using the NATS code and that can be ONLY be done using Nissan Consult II, III or III+ The procedure quickdraw has stated above is for re coding the locking remote to the system and NOT the key.

I am not sure what machine they used to do mine but it works. it was a local lock smith.

just i said i just went out of the Auto data

and said its definitely under n16

i didnt say darren was wrong or i was right etc

i just thats what the auto data said

just i said i just went out of the Auto data

and said its definitely under n16

i didnt say darren was wrong or i was right etc

i just thats what the auto data said

Can you let me know what version you are using and can you upload a photo of the screen so I can see plz. Version I have here is correct but it isn' the latest. If it is wrong I will ask them to amend it for the next version.

mines 3.18 not the newest either to be honest

think its at 3.25 now

n16.jpg

Thanking you for your help with my immobilser problem
I followed the procedure on page 1-27 of almera owners manual , if the engine fail to start usung the registered nats key .
My son whose car it was told me he had encountered this problem before and he followed the procedure as below
1) Leave the ignition switch in ON position for 5 seconds.
2) Turn the ignition switch to the OFF or LOCK position and wait 5 seconds
(keep the key in ignition does not say this in the manual)
3) Repeat the above step 1 and 2 again
4)Restart the engine while holding the device ( which may have caused the interference)
separated from the registered NATS key which is your ignition key
(ERS tehnician told me you should not have a different nats key on the same key ring as the registered key as it confuses the computer as you sart the car with the registered key)
I followed the 4 procedures without having my other Nissan key, Well IT WORKED okay
I used my car today making sure that the IMMOBILSER sign goes out once I start the car
If it stays on I follow the above procedure which it did not today
I drove 8 miles today . starting the car twice , the fault appear to have dissappeared
I use only one key and it work but had both keys with me and I also got RAC cover
I hope this the end of the problem , but WHAT CAR identified this as a problem in this
model
I also had a P registered Almera after spending £180 on NATS system I got it disabled
and used only the door key
Having said this it could be totally different problem as another auto electrician said you cant by pass the immobiliser
I am in very steep learning curve , I have made a note of the advice given in the replies
Thanks again
Samv

Back
Top Bottom