1st post... Introduction

Hi all, my mum passed away a few months ago and she left me her Almera.

Its a MY2013 and only done 13460K's (8363Miles)! She literally only drove it to the shops and to church on Sundays.

In memory of her I've done the following (so far):
Sheepskin seat covers and steering wheel covers
New tyres (195/60's)
Dash mat / cover
3K stereo system
Floor mats
Fixed all scratches in paintwork (just light scuffs)
Had it professionally detailed
Weather shields for windows (even with light rain it would blow in the windows)

Today I'm giving it an oil change with premium oil / filter and doing a full service.

I have a couple of questions though:

1) The gearbox (Manual) lever seems to be very loose, is there any way I can tighten it? i.e even when in gear it seems to "move about" a little too much, e.g when in 1st you can almost move it over to where 5th would be if in 5th gear.
2) The gearbox seems a little "whiny" especially when decelerating, I'm thinking about treating it with some "gearbox Teflon treatment" Anyone have another "fix" for this?
3) I haven't done any research on it but I've read in the owners manual it has "electronic power steering" 1st time I've ever heard of this, is there any special maintenance I need to do with it?

And, as I'm only new to this car, just a general overview of any niche things I need to do / look out for / interesting facts / something I may not know, anything at all about this car?

Thanks, nice to meet you all.

Welcome to the club. Very sorry for you recent loss, I hope you enjoy the car. We're more UK based so don't have many people with anything other than an N15 or N16 (last manufacture date 2006) on here, but hopefully someone might be along to help with your 2013 model. Got any pics of it?

Back
Top Bottom