2003 Almera Key Fob

Hi
Only days ago I bought a second hand 2003 Nissan Almera. It does not have an owners manual.
Today, the key fob has stopped working.
It will not lock or unlock the doors. I have to manually lock them, then gain entry using the key on the passenger side door. On the dash, the red 'key inside a car' light is flashing.
The car will start, no problem. I have looked online, and tried turning on the car six times, followed by pressing and holding the key fob, but this has not helped.
Can anyone suggest how I may fix this problem?
and How it ocurred in the first place?
Thanks

Doing step one doesnt mean start the car it means turn ingnition on.

A maximum of four remote controls are allowed to be programmed.

Ensure all the doors have been unlocked, either by using a good transponder key or remote control plip key.

1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.

2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.

3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning lights twice.

4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.

5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.

6. Release the unlock button.

7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.

8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key’s.

9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.

10. Remove key, and check all plip key’s for operation.

NOTE : The programming mode will stop when either the ignition is switch ON, 4 plip keys have been programmed or no input signal either from the switch or plip keys has been received for 120 seconds.

hi.

I've recently bought a 05 N16 and my central locking doesn't work with the key fob.
I've to put the key in the drivers door lock, and to open the rest of the car press the button on the door. to lock is the same, button and key on the door.
The battery on the key is new, and i've tried to program it with this method, but doesn't work. it flashes the indicators but after that nothing works..

Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom