2004 N16 Horizontal Headlight Alignment

Good morning, I had the misfortune to have my offside headlight hit a pheasant, resulting in smashing the plastic fixings. I've been able to Gorilla Glue the pieces back together and it has passed an MOT for alignment but we feel that it could do with tweaking towards the offside a fraction (hey, no-one's perfect!). Obviously, we have a H*ynes manual (spit), which I can't lay my hands on just now, but I'd value some 'instant' assistant from you guys.

Thanx in advance.

There's a section for service manuals on top of this page (below AOC logo)
Download the N16 one, you'll find instructions to adjust the headlight on page 66 of the EL pdf.

Basically there are two screws which are used to adjust horizontal and vertical aim of the headlight.

Yeah, I think I tried that yesterday but it's blocked by our firewall here. BTW, how do I know if I've a Phase 1 or Phase 2? It was registered by Nissan in October 2004.

The easiest way to tell one from the other:
P1 have the front indicators separate from the headlights, P2 have them as one unit with the black "background".

EDIT: Yours is a phase 2, the facelift from ph1 to ph2 happened in 2003.

Ah, that helps thanks. Can anyone just post a snap of which screw it is for the driver's side headlight and say which way I need to turn it to push it a bit to the right (as seen from behind the wheel)?

Thanx.

Hope this helps. The pictures are pretty vague but should point you in the right direction. Prior to adjustment, the aiming switch must be set to "0".

n16light_adj.png

Hi there, thanks for this. I've been away for a while. At least I know which one to look for. I'll give this a go as soon as I can and report which way I've turned it to get the beam more towards the centre of the road.

Back
Top Bottom