230 bhp VZR!

Depends what has been done...

230 HP from a VE is a piece of piss, especially if it's a 2 litre!

230 from a ve is a piece of piss?? sr20ve maybe..maybe..but the sr16ve very diffcult unless you go the turbo route..the n1,s dont break 200 not even close and nissan pretty much rang the neck out of um...i have never seen or heard of a 16ve making 230 with serious money being spent

That's as old as the hills,sure look at who is selling it,if you look at the rest of his cars you will see he naughty boy an tell lotto lies ;)

lucino vzr 1 said:
That's as old as the hills,sure look at who is selling it,if you look at the rest of his cars you will see he naughty boy an tell lotto lies ;)

Yes, 2.0L Turbo Evo's and Scooby's down as 1.6 in the tax book! How he gets away with advertising them as being incorrectly registered i don't know!

hes dodgy alright.. would recommend goin to him for a car... the people who go to him are even more stupid.. why would you want to have a 2.0L car down as a 1.6 on the log book!? if you got caught.. i'd say you'd be fucked!

dagnut said:
230 from a ve is a piece of piss?? sr20ve maybe..maybe..but the sr16ve very diffcult unless you go the turbo route..the n1,s dont break 200 not even close and nissan pretty much rang the neck out of um...i have never seen or heard of a 16ve making 230 with serious money being spent

Dave knows his stuff...... 230 is a piece of piss with a VE......granted you need more than a decat and a backbox which is what alot of UK owners tend to do to their VE`s and then expect high power figures.

A 16VE head and N1 cams bolted to a sr20 block, header,decat and a 3" zorst is good for 200+whp which is around 240 flywheel HP.

Excuse my ignorance on the matter Rowdy, but do you mean that you could put an SR16VE head and cams onto an SR20DE and get that sort of power?

Mick

It`s easier putting a 16ve head on a sr20VE block, but you can also do the same with sr20DE block with a few alterations.

rowdy-GTi said:
Dave knows his stuff...... 230 is a piece of piss with a VE......granted you need more than a decat and a backbox which is what alot of UK owners tend to do to their VE`s and then expect high power figures.

A 16VE head and N1 cams bolted to a sr20 block, header,decat and a 3" zorst is good for 200+whp which is around 240 flywheel HP.

yeah as easy as juggling elephants!!

I know what you mean but thats going the 2.0 litre route...

rowdy-GTi said:
It`s easier putting a 16ve head on a sr20VE block, but you can also do the same with sr20DE block with a few alterations.
what kind of alterations?

Yes, the SR16VE head is very simple to mate with the SR20DE block. All you need to do is drill an oil feed for the solenoids.

Not difficult if you have the correct tools and knowhow.

But yes, I still think that to get 230 HP from the VE is easy.

I had 200.5 HP from my DE with just fast road cams and 11:1 compression (and the basics).

The VE head is by far a better flowing head than the DE high port and with added compression and much bigger cams, the 230 HP mark is quite easyily attainable.

Back
Top Bottom