6.5" Component In The Front

Hey guys, i just bought some 6.5" MB Quart components for the front
i know there was something on it in the old forum, but as that forum is going down soon (i think) i thought it would be good to have the info on here.
what do i actually need to do to get the components in the door? I remember Naylor saying something about a spacer from vauxhall, could you shed some more light on this please mate?
Cheers

Coare GTi said:
i know there was something on it in the old forum, but as that forum is going down soon (i think) i thought it would be good to have the info on here.
what do i actually need to do to get the components in the door? I remember Naylor saying something about a spacer from vauxhall, could you shed some more light on this please mate?
Cheers

i took out the oe speakers and made some spacers out of 18mm mdf. fixed the mdf to the door using self tapping screws, then mounted my 6.5`s in the spacer. just take ur time and it`s easy.

aye, you can just make up your own spacer, but if you can make it so the speaker is tilted up towards you, makes a massive difference in the sound, and dont be temped to put your tweeters any where else but in your A-pillars, I had them in my doors and they make the sound stage too low, and can sound too bright with rock/metal music, to put them in your pillars you'll have to make a small build for them though, just spend some time with some filler its quite easy, then either spraypaint them, or trim them in cloth/leather/alcantra

I am getting them done professionally now
they are gonna make the spacers and stuff and fit it all with dynomat
gonna cost me a f**kin fortune to do it, but.....what the hell
i went to audiofile in Bishop Stortford and he said it would be best to amp them
he suggested a 5ch amp, with all the trimmings (cant remember the name now) something like DSL or DLS, something like that
1ch for the sub
1ch for the fronts
1ch for the 6x9
and aint got a clue about the other channels
but i was looking on the net at the PhoenixGold octane R 900w 5ch amp
know if these are any good?. I Heard that PG are the daddies when it comes to amps

as with all things, you can buy basic stuff and top stuff under the same brand, same with PG, their Octane R range is a good amp, dont get me wrong, but it isnt as good as their stuff that you here about, if that makes any sense, how much is he charging you for one?DSL are pretty good too, also look for a Gensis Profile 4, the new one has twice as much power as their old ones, and still comes in at around £300, and thats for a good amp with 4x100rms(for those that dont know the rms is the important part, if sony were advertising this amp as part of their explop range, it would be stated as 4x400 watts), another good thing about the gensis range is that it can handle voltage drops to around 10.5 before cutting in the protection, a lot of amps cu8t off at 11.5(which doesnt give much leyway should you get a phat bass tone)
the 5 channel that he was offereing you would take 2 channels for the comps, and 2 for the 6x9s, and 1 for the sub, thats where your extra channels go lol
if I was you though I wouldnt amp the rear, just get a 4 channel and run the comps and sub off it, if your running decent comps that amped up up front, loud rear sound will just ruin it, only have them ran off headunit for rear passengers or if you like to open your boot at cruises etc etc and pump your sounds

hi

hi im new to the site , just a quick hello and if you have any car audio
question fell free to email the to me as i own a car audio shop in belfast and would be glad to help you if you need it.

you can check out my web site [not very good but will have to do for now]

Thanks for the reply Steve. I want to look into this as far as i can before i go out and blow me cash.
he wants £325 for DSL 5ch amp
do you think its worth keeping the rear 6.5 components if i am getting 6x9's?
or do you think i should just keep the front MB Quart components for the front, sell the rear ones and just use the 6x9's for the rear?
Cheers mate

the amp price sounds fair for a 5 channel amp, but i would have a shop around on the net to check up, my local dealer doesnt sell dls so i dont know their exact prices
for my opinion on rear speakers, i wouldnt have any, it spoils the sound stage, but if you like the boot open and music pumping you want to get rid of the rear components and get the 6x9's ;)

so you wouldn't have them both running, the components and the 6x9's?
you would just have 6x9's in the rear? (if you had to have rear speakers)
i do like my sound coming from the rear aswell, it sounds good when i am watching a DVD :)

ok, Im confused now, what you want is, the components in the front doors, and 6x9's on the rear shelf, sub in boot
thats what it sounds like you're wanting, what i was saying is i wouldnt put the rear compnents in with rear 6x9's

Coare GTi said:

Good buy!! :cool:
I got the new MB Quart RCE213 5,25"s myself.. MB Quart is fecking awesome.. clearly the best sounding speakers i've heard in a while. a bit expensive though.

Ive just forked out a fortune for some Focal Kevlar K2's with the tweeters etc etc etc for the fronts.... gonna get some more for the rear eventually.... Not really bedded them in yet, but i think their gonna sound pretty good with the doors open at cruises.

Did you dynamat the doors mate?

i was told, its not worth putting fancy speakers in the front unless you Dynamat the doors, cause you loose a lot of sound quality

Not dynomatted the doors yet, the whole carwill be coverened in the stuff just before i rip everything out to do the retrim....

im going to try use auto anti-drum paneling. its small sheets of very heavy stuff and basically stops the panels vibrating. i've not tried this yet but i'll giv you guys a shout when the whole install is in. i got plans =)

you want the Xtreme stuff mate (not the shop Xtreme)
i think this is the top of the range stuff by dynamat

your looking at around £80 for the 2 front door kit tho :eek:

the best stuff ive used is the extreme dynomat, its easy to work with and you can tell the results instantly, it is a bit expensive though
do one full covering on the inside of your door panel, and then remove all the plastic sheeting shit, and replace it with the dynomnat to, that makes a good difference, gives the front end some beef for the mid bass

Where's the best place to get this stuff from then. Think I'll do my front doors soon. I'm not going for competition quality so would I really need the top stuff?

Back
Top Bottom