6.5" Component In The Front

think they do 3 levels of it mate
the good
the very good
and the bollox
they will sell it it in any ICE shop and you might even find it halfords (ripspeed)

Steve, do you mean dynamat the door as normal (inside of the door)
then put another sheet where the clear plastic goes (the thing thats held on by that black sticky shit)

Coare GTi said:
think they do 3 levels of it mate
the good
the very good
and the bollox
they will sell it it in any ICE shop and you might even find it halfords (ripspeed)

Steve, do you mean dynamat the door as normal (inside of the door)
then put another sheet where the clear plastic goes (the thing thats held on by that black sticky shit)

yes mate, like the inside of the of the outside skin, and replace the plastic sheeting with dynonmat too, this will give the best results

zetetic said:
Where's the best place to get this stuff from then. Think I'll do my front doors soon. I'm not going for competition quality so would I really need the top stuff?

well, i would, its really worth it, i put it in my doors long before i even though about competing, so it depends how much you like your music really, but i wouldnt use dynomat original in your doors, because it smells horrible when it gets warm, and every time its hot outside and you put your window down, the smell comes into the car, its fine to use anywhere else, but again, its not that much cheaper than the extreme, the extreme is much easy to apply and get a good stick(which is important).

there is a sale on Dynamat at AudioFile in Bishops Storford (essex)
Dynamat Extreme is £60 for the 2 front door kit

Steve, how much extra will i need to do the other bit of the door you was talking about?

and can you buy it just in sheets? as in single sheets

when i bought mine i paid £80 for a boot kit(but bought several of them), a boot kit consists of 4 sheets of extreme, and 2 large sheets of original, i used the original in the boot and floors etc, and the extreme in the doors and rear quarters, you can buy it in single or double sheets though, about £20 a box for those, as for how much, you need the same amount again for the outside of the door as the inside, almost the size of your door card

Mounting tweeters

Has anyone ever tried mouting their tweeters in the pods you get to mount dials on the A pillar?

if you want to fit tweeters into your A pillars then theres a few things that you need to do:
they must face each other and not out into the car
they are best situated around ear height when you are in the driving postion

best way to do this
mark on the a pillar your ear height
remove them(pull the rubber strip off then yank them off, clips are quite tight)
wrap 2 layers of gaffer tape round a tweeter cup(this later gives you space to tuck your material into if your trimming them, if not they will need painting at least, gaffer tape not needed if painting)
cut a hole into the a pillar the size of the tweeter cup to fit in, refit your a pillar, push the cup in as far as it will go, use some tape to hold it in postition
remove a pillar and mix some bodge
bodge around the cup making it a nice slope all the way around
once it is dry you will find that the bodge doesnt stick to the gaffer tape, and should be able to pull the cup out, then sand and smooth the bodge down
trim the a pillar(or paint it) then fit the tweeter into the cup, and fit the cup, it should be a nice really tight fit, if its a little loose then use some hot glue on the bottom of the cup

Back
Top Bottom