8" LCD installation

hey guys...

Ok, so I was given a sat nav (single din) system that came with an 8" LCD screen and thought to myself - This could fit in the 'cubby hole' section on top of the dash. I figured this as I've seen some N16 almeras with screens in part of the car so I believe it could work but also, I'd have a much better (and bigger) screen in the car.
My aim is to get it into the storage section and make it look like it belonged there, like it came with the car.

Question is, does anyone have an idea how I could get this done, or maybe someone who's done it or something similar before can give some help/tutorial.

thanks

I am guessing this is a single din motorised screen ? if thats the case then you can't install it in the top where the original screen goes

if the sat nav is a single din with a seperate screen then put the single din on the bottom and then mod a bracket that goes in the top.

Thanks Mattmera, I have pm'd tallpaul - hopefully he can help.

Yeah Darren198712, its a single din with a separate sceen. Do I mod a bracket with wood? Would it be best to go the fibreglass route? I've read a bit about it, but really have no idea.

will keep you posted of progress.

Thanks Mattmera, I have pm'd tallpaul - hopefully he can help.

Yeah Darren198712, its a single din with a separate sceen. Do I mod a bracket with wood? Would it be best to go the fibreglass route? I've read a bit about it, but really have no idea.

will keep you posted of progress.

I am not sure what you can do to mod it in lol. I would ask tall paul as he is selling a screen with the glove box. might be a good idea to ask him how he done it.

Back
Top Bottom