98'mera 1.4i Action - Mod questions?

C

craigyd

alrite everyone? im new to this board and i have a 98 R reg Almera Action which im ready to turn into a real beast haha :D

i got a few questions if anyone can help.. :confused:

1a. Alloys - I'm thinking of gettin a set of TSW 'Razor' Alloys which are 4x100 pcd will they be the right stud/bolt match but what about offsets etc. (quoting from my max power modifying book :rolleyes: ) will i be able to get 17's on without any arch work or will 15's be the best bet?? plz advise.

1b. Suspension - if i can get 17's on will i be able to lower it at all before archwork is needed??

2. Will i be able to stick phase II rear lights on my phase I with no bother??

3. Can you get replacement white clocks/dials for the 'meras?

4. I heard that people have got their clear side repeaters from halfords?? are these universal or are their specific ones for the 'mera?

any answers would be appriciated.. thanks

TSW 'Razor' Alloys which are 4x100 pcd will they be the right stud/bolt match
- Yup

will i be able to get 17's on without any arch work
-Yup

1b. Suspension - if i can get 17's on will i be able to lower it at all before archwork is needed??
-Yup

-What i've heard, it wont fit straight.

4. I heard that people have got their clear side repeaters from halfords?? are these universal or are their specific ones for the 'mera?
-I Bought p11 Primeras clear repeaters.. showed a edge of dremel and there it was..

17's on without any arch work or will 15's be the best bet?? plz advise.
yes you can fit up to 19" without an arch mod on your almera.. but on a 1.4 i don't recommend that you go anything above 16", you will get a horrendous performance decrease on your 1.4 with bigger alloys, unless you go magnesium alloys or something that weigh much less than ordinary alloys.

yes theres a company that makes replacement white background for the speedometer/dashboard however it's not worth the time and money in my opinion

Get them from smithy directly www.smithys-place.co.uk he sells R34 Skyline side clear repeaters they are a direct fit to the N15.
don't cost that much either.

Go for 17's over 16's as the tyres will be cheaper. 17's won't affect the performance or driveability that much.

1a. Alloys - yes 17"'s will fit straight on no probs & our pcd is 4x100

1b. Suspension - i have 35mm lowering springs with 18"'s & no probs...

yes i've done just that to mine

yes but there not very good as there sticky type labels

yes i got mine from there ages ago, but get them from smithy as he's cheaper ;)

thanks for the replys guys :D

but now im a bit confused nd worried bout gettin 17's.. i think 15's may look too small nd i would like the thickness of the 17's.. so what kind of performance loss will i get..? handling? petrol? :confused:

acceleration my good man.. that is what you will loose.

your car will accelerate like a dead snail on prozac...

the more rotating mass you have on your wheels (usually means the bigger the wheel the slower the car) the more work it is for the engine to make them go round from start.

well of course a pair of high performance 18" magnesium alloys weigh less than a pair of 16" aluminum alloy.. but they cost a whole bunch more also..

when we're talking about alloys we usually refer to aluminum..

that's all you'll loose from putting on big wheels.. less acceleration..

as for thickness, check out that there are both 15" and 16" rims that are 7,5-8" wide.. so 17"s aren't necessarily "thicker" they can be only 7" wide too..
most 14-15" rims are usually around 6" wide though so i get your point.

my 17" Ronal R38 are 7,5 wide.. they are fecking massive.. i have 215/40 Toyo Proxes on those.. 215 on 7,5 wide is almost not enough, i was thinking of going 225 next time..

as for higher fuel consumption that will come based on what tire width size you choose.. original on the almera is 185/60 on 14"? i think.

usually when you get bigger rims you would like to put on nicer tyres, somewhere around 205-225 thick when you do that the fuel consumption will increase due to the increased roll friction from the tires..
but the positive part is that your car will be glued to the streets and be more stable in turns and higher speeds.

so basically what i mean is you can have 15" with 225/50 tyres on and that will look phat. you can have 16" with 215/45 on and that will look phat..
and you can have 17" with 185/50 and that will look ridiculous :D

hope this made any sense

look for some light wieght 17"'s with 205/40/17 tyres & fit some lowering springs & you'll be sorted mate ;)

GTi said:
look for some light wieght 17"'s with 205/40/17 tyres & fit some lowering springs & you'll be sorted mate ;)

i agree but the question is do you want to spend £1000-2000 GBP on just the rims?

craigyd said:
but now im a bit confused nd worried bout gettin 17's.. i think 15's may look too small nd i would like the thickness of the 17's.. so what kind of performance loss will i get..? handling? petrol? :confused:

ive 17's on my 1.4 esteem lowered 40mm it doesn't kill acceleration that noticably, petrol wont get much worse, handling will impove with the wider wheels go ahead looks much better! but hard to spin wheels if you need to for any reason :rolleyes:

ps i've no light weight rims on mine not worth the money the masitalys ive on are still light and not that much heavier than the steelies! at the end of the day if you want lots of performance get a gti

comberlad said:
ive 17's on my 1.4 esteem lowered 40mm it doesn't kill acceleration that noticably, petrol wont get much worse, handling will impove with the wider wheels go ahead looks much better! but hard to spin wheels if you need to for any reason :rolleyes:

ps i've no light weight rims on mine not worth the money the masitalys ive on are still light and not that much heavier than the steelies! at the end of the day if you want lots of performance get a gti

There you are mate. Advice from somebody that actually has a 1.4 with non standard wheels. I'd go with the above.

hello, i have just receved my almera n15 1.4 16v from 2000/01 and there are veredy people trying to bay it. Can any one tell me wy?

Dude this thread is 10 years old. Your question is a little bit confusing. I would guess that English is not your first language. If you start a new thread with your question. I had a 1.4 SR for a while. Pretty fun little car.

Dude this thread is 10 years old. Your question is a little bit confusing. I would guess that English is not your first language. If you start a new thread with your question. I had a 1.4 SR for a while. Pretty fun little car.
xD you're right, my question is, have a almera I just received, is almera 1.4 16v, 2000/01 and have a lot of interested people trying to buy the car, one incusive offered me in exchange for a Mercedes clk 200 to trade for nissan, my question is why is there so many people interested in my car to the point of exchange for a mercedes?

xD you're right, my question is, have a almera I just received, is almera 1.4 16v, 2000/01 and have a lot of interested people trying to buy the car, one incusive offered me in exchange for a Mercedes clk 200 to trade for nissan, my question is why is there so many people interested in my car to the point of exchange for a mercedes?

Ah right! Wouldn't know about that mate. Where abouts are you living? Maybe it is rarer than you realise or someone wants it for an SR20VE swap if it's a clean bodyshell. Any pictures?

my question is why is there so many people interested in my car to the point of exchange for a mercedes?

Possible explanations:

1) Narcotics are hidden somewhere in the vehicle after being inadvertently sold during a drug trafficking operation.

2) The previous owner left his Rolex in the glove box.

3) Your 14 year old hatchback contains the hidden secret to infinite and unlimited power, and global energy corporations are desperate to prevent this from reaching the masses.

4) There's a larger demographic of window licking Nissan Almera obsessives in your local area then there is on this forum.

5) They're having you on.

My geuss is with 5.

Possible explanations:

1) Narcotics are hidden somewhere in the vehicle after being inadvertently sold during a drug trafficking operation.

2) The previous owner left his Rolex in the glove box.

3) Your 14 year old hatchback contains the hidden secret to infinite and unlimited power, and global energy corporations are desperate to prevent this from reaching the masses.

4) There's a larger demographic of window licking Nissan Almera obsessives in your local area then there is on this forum.

5) They're having you on.

My geuss is with 5.

dude what the hell goes on in your head!

Back
Top Bottom