a few quick questions. debadging rear etc

i know how to take the badges off but i was wondering if they are pinned in... i cant be arsed with welding it up and respraying it. help would be appreciated thank you.

006-1-1.jpg

before i washed it btw :roll:

can anyone hook me up with clear side repeaters?

dewipering, anyone done it? need to know the grommet size.

and finally holes in the bulkhead for wiring.

thanks in advance

All the badges on the back are stuck on.

Clear side repeaters are available on ebay. If you cant get them for the almera, search for the 'mini shape' micra...they are the same size apparently.

There's a grommet on the passenger side of the bulkhead roughly where the steering rack should be on a left hand drive which is great for sticking wiring through for subs etc.

Clear side repeaters are the same as K11 micra.

Badges aren't pinned, little heat and fishing line followed by a good going over with bug+tar remover then a polish.

No idea on the dewipering, and couldnt find any bulkhead holes that aren't crammed full for my wiring when I wored in a few gauges.

Isn't the elegance the one with full leather?

so definately no pins even on the big nissan logo?, cheers mate, i'll get that done tomorrow, take some of the grandad edge away lol.

oh yeah offset and pcd would be useful too

cheers

Defo no pins mate ;)

Ooo leather! Nice to have leather?

I've got some clear repeaters you can buy off me. They're Micra one that do fit as I had them on my last p1 N16. You'd need to tape the wires into it with lx tape to make it water proof, but it worked perfectly for the year and a half I had them on. I'll get some pics for you.

Defo no pins mate ;)

Ooo leather! Nice to have leather?

I've got some clear repeaters you can buy off me. They're Micra one that do fit as I had them on my last p1 N16. You'd need to tape the wires into it with lx tape to make it water proof, but it worked perfectly for the year and a half I had them on. I'll get some pics for you.

cheers mate... tbh i'm really not liking the 7 tone interior at all atm, leather would be fine if the interior was all 2 tone black and grey or something but as it stands.... yuck

I removed my badges- INCLUDING THE FJ CHALKE ONES (the little dog thing!) by boiling a kettle, pouring the water over the badges and using a platic card- like a credit card to scrape them off.

I removed my badges- INCLUDING THE FJ CHALKE ONES (the little dog thing!) by boiling a kettle, pouring the water over the badges and using a platic card- like a credit card to scrape them off.

my methods always been hairdryer floss and a swaing technique but i'll give your's a go

FJ CHALKE.... you down that way or is that just where the motor came from?

As said above, badges just stuck on except the big one on the bonnet. Gave up on the hairdryer method and went for boiling water and dental floss on mine and finished with some adhesive remover and fingertips to get the last of the sticky stuff off.

I had clear repeaters as stock on my 2001 1.5 E and transferred them to my 2001 1.8 Sport which had orange ones as stock. Had to swap the fittings over too as they are different bulb holders (I just cut the wires and soldered) but both fit the holes in the wings the same so saves you having to stick on an aftermarket part with the foam sticky-tape stuff or fiddle about taping up the micra onses.
Get them from Nissan or scrappy I guess. If the dealership need a reg no to look up the parts give me a PM and I'll let you know the reg of my old 1.5.

I just ran my sub power cable through a grommet a couple of inches below the place behind the front passenger-side suspension housing where the main wiring loom goes through the bulkhead into the passenger cabin. It had a couple of wires already running through it.

Sorry, no idea about dewipering - mine throws up so much spray with 205/40/17s that I really need a rear wiper. I did swap mine for a 2004 Almera one which is a bit smoother and nicer - about £25 quid from Nissan and it's a straight swap (though a lot easier if you happen to have a wiper arm removal tool.

cheers fella, that was excellent, yeah just noticed how much shite is actually on the rear window and i only washed it yesterday. think ive got a tool up the garage, last car was pretty straight forward although i ended up puttingit back on after a month.

PCD and Offset anyone?

cheers

Loads of manufacturers follow this wheel pattern as it's standard fit for some other nissans like the s13. It's common fitment for scoobys and toyota also.

You won't have a problem finding wheels.

p.s. maybe try the search button? It is your friend :D It's a good job we N16 owners are a bit cooler, if you'd asked these q's in the N15 forum, they'd be slating you ;)

Back
Top Bottom