After the Almera: My Celica ST182

Here is what I swapped my Mera Gti for:

Celica001.jpg

Celica002.jpg

So far it's had a huge dose of T cut an polish as the previous owner hadnt washed it in months, and it was flat as hell. Getting better now. He'd also seen fit to limo tint the rear windows, which I've now removed.

Future plans are my FTO brakes, Saxo PAS pump, a little light tuning, a Nice Exhaust and a few minor repairs to restore it to former glory, oh, and put the number plate back in it's proepr place!

very nice!!!

my mate has the GT4 ST202 (i think) Carlos Sainz version, Love it! Love the looks!

Oh it's that model celica! love that car :). I like your plans you have for it.

I was thinking of a GT4, but they'd all been molested to hell, and I didnt fancy the fuel consumption much for a daily driver, as much fun as it would have been. This is my 2nd ST182 now. Dad passed up the chance to buy a Mint Carloz Sainz (ST185 btw) before buying his current Gen 7 VVTi one. He keeps kicking himself for it! Mums got a Rav 4 so t loos like a Toyota dealership out front.

The PAS pump is mechanical on the celica, and being 16 years old is a bit tired now. A Saxo/106 pump is electric which means I can free up a few horsies and have the option of turning it off if I want.

At the moment I'm trying to work out why it sounds like I have no exhaust, but I can't see anything - it all looks pretty damn clean to me!

I use to have one of these as a runabout. Although its an ok car, I much prefer my Almera. Has the electric ariel stopped working on it ?

I much prefer this, the Almera seats didnt go far back enough for me to ever be comfortable, so I never enjoyed the drive, as good as the almera was otherwise. (Rust excluded!)

Yeh the aerial's on the way out, but I'm fitting an Almera p2 twisty one on the roof and smoothing out the hole in the spoiler. It still works but the motor carries on running for about a minute after it's extended!

I've now sorted the numberplate, I found the bracket in the boot under the carpet!

Back
Top Bottom