1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airbag recall 2017

Discussion in 'Useful Information' started by muso, Jan 3, 2018.

1. muso

muso

Model:
    Almera
    Chassis:
    sjnfaan16u0035229
    Just to let owners of N16 Almera's know I had a recall notice for a faulty passenger airbag on 22/12/17 for a 2005 N16 SE model, and its a different one to the 2015 recall - this is for the mounting part that can explode on airbag deployment (not degredation of the airbag powder as in 2015 recall) - rang Nissan on 22./12/17 and booked it in for 03/01/18 as instructed and arrived at Nissan dealership today who said they had no knowledge or record of my appointment despite ringing them directly and that they didnt have the parts anyway - 2 weeks to order and arrive from Holland:mad: - I was advised that the car was safe to drive - I pointed out this was so only until someone hit it - the notices are being staggered so all the cars don't turn up at the same time - poor show from Nissan. My car is not as well made as my 2000 N16 model - poor plastics, skimpy carpets, poor fit and finish - the only saving grace is it goes faster.:mad::mad:

V-SpecII likes this.