Alloys and Exhaust

L

lawrs1

Firstly i will say to everyone, and looks like a good forum you got here. And now to the point.

What i would like to know is will 17" alloys go straight onto the almera, ( it is on an 02 Plate) and also being a 1.5 does anyone make an exhaust to fit this or will i need to get one custom made.

Also any other information/modding ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Alloys - yes 17 will go stright on as will 18 and i think 19 as well (think someone has them on)

Exhaust - Can get custum made yes or sebring and remus both make exhaust for the almera 1.5 - specially designed so are a direct replacement.

Are quite expensive but i prefer ones which are factory made for the car. Noise is not deafening but with a k+n the noise is very nice indeed in my opinion.

Personally i dont like the loud exhaust because too many people nowadays just put a loud exhaust on their car and it is not really a 'show' factor any more.

I got a 1.5 too bought in 2002 - is a 51 plate though

I have got the remus exhaust as a lot of people have highly rated them.
Got a k+n also.
loweder 35mm (well will be hopefully by end of next week)
FSE power boost valve (Next Monday)

With K+N and exhaust you will find that the take off is better overally drive is better - feels more powerfull, more noticable when you really go for it not on everyday driving.

Fuel economy lowers very slightly nothing bank balance breaking though

sebring also make a back box, and h&r lowering springs which i hav on my mera!!!

the exaust and the filter wont do much on your car... you gotta change the mid piping to... i would recomend a 2" pipe... so you feel a little more torque... the rims dont worry about them they will fit perfectly as some other mates have said it... i was reading that unorthodox is making clutches and flywheels for the engines 1.8 but not quite sure for the 1.5...
but feel free to check it out

Yeah I bought a remus backbox and found it did give and increase in performance with the K+N but after i fitted a 2" mid section from powerflow the noise is LOVELY - absolutely stunning and not too gay boy racer loud.

Would be better off gettting the whole system from powerflow originally however if you got the backbox - GET THE DAMN MID SECTION.

Good to get 2" because if you ever need to change the backbox then Rage will be easy to fir because inlet pipe is 2".

Also FSE power boost valve is good.

i have 2.5 cause it has headers... and its a little bit bigger engine...not by much but its a difference... and since i am also planing on getting a turbo and remobing the headers so i just keep the 2.5 pipe.. i still have to work a little bit on the sound... but its a work in progress :)

thats why we are here... to help each other.. on projects ideas and knowledge

I have a N16 Pulsar (Almera) thats has 17 inch rims fitted.
N16 rims wont fit a N15 Though as they are different stud pattens.
I wont qoute figures on this forum as im In Australia and am not 100 pecent Sure if u use the same measure ments as we do in oz...

Cheers
Shaun

Back
Top Bottom