Almera Airbag Recall

Is it the whole airbag being replaced or a sensor ? Had a think while stuck in traffic how they going about the side airbag's in the seat's ? Only time will tell just have to wait i guess .

It's the passenger airbag in the dash. Some units from that manufacturer had too much pyro and can shatter the plastic cover causing shards of plastic to be fired towards the passenger.

They're not going to touch a 10+ yr old airbag surely? They'll say it needs a whole new unit and get the owner to pay.

I've had a letter through from Nissan today, need to give them a call they said it's free of charge and offered me a year breakdowns cover

I've had a letter through from Nissan today, need to give them a call they said it's free of charge and offered me a year breakdowns cover

Everyone seems to be giving away free breakdown policies these days. I'm covered by the AA, RAC and whatever bunch of jokers with a van my insurance company provides this year.

If I break down I'm going to phone them all and see which one turns up first with a recovery vehicle capable of dealing with a car with one-and-a-half inch clearance on the front splitter.

None of them. That's how many.

That's true even my bank is doing it too along with car insurance people can't seem to give it away quick enough !

Got a letter from Nissan this morning, need to book my car in to have the Passenger Air Bag checked, so booking it in later. Got free breakdown for a year too..... Just paid for my RAC 3 weeks ago aswell lol

Don't know if I even have breakdown cover, not my policy and I'm not going lower till sometime next year anyway so shouldn't be a problem for now ;)

Back
Top Bottom