almera and pulsar.

well i don't know where this thread belongs so i put it here. i am tired of my mate taking the piss out of my almera, so i decided to get something faster, now i have been thinking about getting a gti and putting a turbo on it. then i thought about getting a pulsar but i dont like the shape. so i was thinking can i take the awd system, engine, gearbox etc out of a pulsar and put it in my n15. ?? what probs would i come across, how much am i looking. anything else i need. are they gunna be a straight swap or am i gunna have to modify?? opinions please

Engine would physically mount fine..
Whole drivetrain would be custom though.
Not worth it at all.
Buy the 4x4 1.5 almera off member muir on here and turbo that.
Joe

Yeah it doesn't have the fancy multilink rear suspension, because it needs a diff instead, so it's just got sunny rear suspension which I've heard is miles behind the mera handling wise.

GTiR conversion on a GTi will cost around £2k minimum I'd say (Costs on various things will spiral out of control).
An N/A modded GTi would be quick also (Tommos as an example) but cost depends on what you want.
Or keep your 1.4 and enjoy having money for a while, leave it looking pov spec (Steelies, no sideskirts etc) and when you can afford it slam dunk a GTi engine in for less than £500... proper sleeper.

Yeah save your money mate for now. I had a 1.5 N16 for a while and I'm glad I didnt touch it. Saved for buying and modding my derv instead and it's paying off.

thanks guys, basicly im bored with the 1.4 and wanta gti and turbo it, but i thought it would be easyer to dump a gti-r engine and turbo in. then whilst i was on the subject i thought maybe the awd system too. but looks like just gunna have a std gti

yeah but not quite what i want! im basicly fed up of being at the bottom of the heap. my mate has a white toyota celica VVTL-I pushing 200bhp and my other mate has a white toyota mr2 turbo pushing over 250BHP. just fed up with being left behind if ya know what i mean. a gti would be good but not quite good enough.

smallestviolinwz4.jpg

not all about racing around dude i should know lol

work mate used to have a corolla t sport, same engine as the celica, it wasnt very torquey at all and my SRi was quicker up until he hit teh valve lift. So a gti with cams, full exhaust would kick the arse off that celica.

yeah but not quite what i want! im basicly fed up of being at the bottom of the heap. my mate has a white toyota celica VVTL-I pushing 200bhp and my other mate has a white toyota mr2 turbo pushing over 250BHP. just fed up with being left behind if ya know what i mean. a gti would be good but not quite good enough.

Back
Top Bottom