Almera GX 5 door

Hi guys got an Almera a week ago looking at doing some mods. Have a limited budget. So looking for cheap but effective mods. I know its a 5 door but there were no 3 doors in my price range. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Cheers

Hi guys got an Almera a week ago looking at doing some mods. Have a limited budget. So looking for cheap but effective mods. I know its a 5 door but there were no 3 doors in my price range. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Cheers

hey dude, welcome along, i have a 5dr GX as well.

im in the same position as you so check my sig for the mods i've done relatively cheaply.

also do a search for de-globing indicators, that easy and effective

rear wiper mod is a good one, maybe take the bump strips off

plenty you can do.

more if you become a full member bud

Does any1 have a problem with ther clutch making a clicking noise and seeming to stay on the bite for a split second after you let go off it i no its not a styling problem but couldnt be bothered to start a new thread lol

comon fault, theres to little nylon bushes that hold a spring in place i think and they split causing the noise, spray some spray grease up there and it will help,

nothing to worry about tho

Yeah forgot my rev counter just jumps too 8 thousand revs on its own. Car seems to run fine tho. Did scare me at first when i was on the motorway with my music on thought i was caning it lol. Any ideas? Other than that cars ok especially for £650 With 12 month tax.

again another comon fault, this happened on my mates 1.4 almera, replaced the clocks it worked for a few weeks then went faulty again

but for what you paid for the car you cant complain

My clutch pedal is like a musical instrument, squeaks on the way down and clicks on the way back up! As scott said, it's a common problem, the little nylon busing on the leverage in the pedal box goes, leaving the play and clicking noise.

im gutted had my car since tuesday and the clutch went had get towed the shame bang goes my alloy fund :-( What am i looking at price wise

lucky its only the clutch, my gearboxes usually go before the clutch been through 2 of them in 5 years.

whole gearbox was only 300quid with refurb one, clutch i would say no more than 200, clutch itself can be picked up for 50quid.

A clutch cost me £45 from the local motor parts store fitting was around £60, as your from Bolton quite near me you probably would be paying similar prices!

I'll probably just get the garage down the road to do it. Theres a certain value to being able to guarantee it'll be able to get me to work in the morning lol

I did have a fiesta zetec before and that was an hydraulic clutch as well and was being quoted £280 so im very worried at the moment

Back
Top Bottom