Almera N15 Alloys offset & Lowering - How to achieve Stance without dreaded scrubbing

Okay so a few people have got 20mm spacer kits on atm which is lovely, im bored of my currently alloys now and found some 16x7J alloys i quite like recently but given the option of two flavours et15 and et25

Now the stock Gti alloy is 15x6J (rim width) with et/offset of 40mm

Now question is how many mm's extra stance can one get away with... without getting tyre scrub

Also does one need to take rim width into account also with offset/et?

As going from 6J rim to 7J rim is 25mm extra rim width total and 12.5mm ethier side of the alloy hub.

So in theory if et was et25 compared to stock 40-25 = 15mm spaced + this 12.5mm extra alloy rim width so total stance 27.5mm

If et was 15 would be 37.5mm extra

In simplified terms

The stock GTi alloy from the hub sticks out 3.5cm

20mm spacers make it stick out 5.5cm

My Rozest (15x6.5J) Et 30 alloys stock stick out 5.125cm

The Prorace 2's 16x7J Et 25 stick out 6.25cm

Prorace 2's 16x7 Et 15 stick out 7.25cm

Question is how much extra do we rekon almera arches can take?

Joe's are perfect... do the math, as you already have the figures there.

GTi wheel with 20mm spacer
6inch (152.4mm) wheel with 40mm offset = 36.2mm from disc bell to outer face of wheel.
+ 20mm spacer = 56.2mm from disc bell to outer face of wheel.

So that's kind of what you need to aim for. That's not allowing for any extra width tyres which may stick out from the face of the wheel, or underwidth tyres (stretched) which will allow the face of the wheel to stick out more.

Joe's are perfect... do the math, as you already have the figures there.

How close are they, on the front/rear to rubbing contact tho.. they look mint yeah but one only wants to buy an alloy once ideally from new :lol:

Righto

Stock gti alloy with 195/50/15 = 36.2mm poke from hub

Pro race 2's 16x7 with 225/45/15 = 63.9mm poke = 27.7mm poke difference

Can it take 7.7mm extra poke over Joes current setup basically

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=195&aspect=50&diameter=15&wheelwidth=6&offset=40&width2=225&aspect2=45&diameter2=16&wheelwidth2=7&offset2=25&Submit=Submit

Just edited my post mate^. I did my workings out on paper and you missed the spacer out, so it's 56.2mm you're aiming for.

Dont think it will take 7mm more 'poke'. From the pictures it's only about 2-3mm from the inner edge of the body which is spot on really. Unless you roll the arches?

Remmbered wezzlys feature in banazai he had 22mm spacers remmber thinking thats odd.. well 22mm is the max for N15's :lol: well on Coilovers anyways

So basically those prorace 2's in et25 wouldnt fitt :(

They were only £150 for a set of four brand new too

Perhaps its a sign im meant to keepyy my current alloys... ill keep the 195/50/15 proxies for track days..

and get something else for daily driving..

Now ill be taking the 20mm spacers off as mine have too much offset etc stock so will automatically rub being 36.4 :lol:

But if i take the 20mm spacers off and repace with a 5mm spacer which would mean the wheel would be back safely over the hub joint. and... id have 21.4mm spaced so id be equal to Joe :D

Note his paradaspec 2's buldge abit more then the Tr's seem to rise straight up more then the Toyo's which curve in more..

Using SHaggy_Masters pictures as there perfect display...

Before.. stock..

111220091743.jpg

With 20mm Spacers...

111220091745.jpg

111220091744.jpg

Rear before... Stock

111220091746.jpg

Then rears after with 20mm spacers

111220091747.jpg

So im short... the almera arches u dont really have much scope for crazy alloys... but 20mm makes all the difference ;)

Hmm now what new tyres do i get ?

Not sure what calculations youve got there. I think you're overcomplicating it.

Simply put, if you buy 7J wheels, you can get away with a min offset of 32.7.
205 width tyres will it fine on that without much 'bulge'.

7J ET35.

or ET30 if you roll the arches.

Not sure what calculations youve got there. I think you're overcomplicating it.

Simply put, if you buy 7J wheels, you can get away with a min offset of 32.7.
205 width tyres will it fine on that without much 'bulge'.

7J ET35.

I was trying to simplyfy it :lol:

My current Rozest Alloys + 5mm Spacers = 16.4+5 = 21.4mm

Vs Joes 20mm

So i think 5mm spacers and im done :lol:

they will only scrub/rub when the car is proper low..... ie too low to drive safely which you will probably do as 'itl be a bit of a laugh' .... but its also the reason joe raised his up, stop being a poof with calculations and just bloody buy them

Unless Eddie wants to stretch tyres though he doesnt want to buy a wheel that means it sticks too far out and doesnt pass the MOT. It's worth checking and being sure.

I.e. 7J ET15 would fail an MOT with matching width tyres.

Off topic Eddie...

Go and post in one of the many 'tyre recommended' threads for that.

Back
Top Bottom