Almera N16 1.5 engine mods.what do you think?

D

dublin_brian

Hi,
Rather then go down the road of fitting a bigger engine I was wondering what you lot thought of these mods...
Poerflow exhaust
sports cat or decat pipe(awaiting help on that one,CANT FIND ONE ANYWHERE)
Viper air intake system
Eco tech GB-26P performace
Performance ECU Chip

Anything else to add?let me know what you think....Thanks...

1st off forget the ecotek......

With the rest of those mods your car will sound alot louder but will gain very little BHP.....sorry a 1.5 will never be fast.

Get powerflow to make a de-cat pipe, but make sure its a seperate pipe and can be changed for the proper cat come MOT time.

Thanks lads.I just got the car 3 days ago so cant wait to mod it.Heres some of the mods I was thinking about...
Performance ECU Chip
Vforce intake system
Powerflow Exhaust System
Custom made Cat Bypass
Apex Lowering Springs (35mm)
EBC Sports Brakes and Discs
Ultra Lexus lights
GBP Side indicators
2 x FLI 1000 Watt subs

Sort the suspension out and enjoy the twisties. Leave the fast straights to the bigger engines. You still missed the best power gain mod off there that Darren told you about..

Also what's the point of modding it for more performance only to weigh it down with big subs ???

Also, there isnt really much point removing the cat, providing its the same as the N15 ones, then they are fairly high-flowing anyway, and removing them does little to improve performance.

had a look for HOT SHOTS on the net.Typical price seems to be 650.So with the above listed would the car even make 140 bhp?mod costs running at 3500 euro :eek:

I've sent you a PM

As far as people looking for a header - OBX is the same as hotshot bar the price. Some people complain of build auality but i think the'yre talking shite becuase guys who i've personally spoken to say it's excellent

Powerflow will no be able to make a de-cat pipe as N16 de-cat is right under the header

Pics coming later today with a how to guide on changing the manifold

I doubt it would make 140, I have a 1.6 with the same mods and hotshot header, but without a chip, and I dont think mine is anywhere near 140bhp; its 100bhp standard. Maybe with a Dastek programmable chip, it might get nearer but I think you'd need to look at headwork as opposed to bolt on modifications to get nearer that figure.

rowdy-GTi said:
With the rest of those mods your car will sound alot louder but will gain very little BHP.....sorry a 1.5 will never be fast.QUOTE]

I agree with rowdy (obviously) save your money until you have a bigger engine if you seriously want a fast car. Sorry to piss on your chips. :O

markbuts3 said:
Sort the suspension out and enjoy the twisties. Leave the fast straights to the bigger engines. You still missed the best power gain mod off there that Darren told you about..

Also what's the point of modding it for more performance only to weigh it down with big subs ???

I forgotten about that lol

thanks once again for your help all.it got rid of some of the bull$hit products you hear that make a difference.as soon as Ive got the work done I'll post the pics up.Cheers again :)

Back
Top Bottom