Almera N16 Fuel Filter - BEWARE!

reading everywhere how to change almera fuel filter so i ordered one (reg plate lookup for parts)
took the whole pump out, scratched the crappy plastic lock ring that needs a special nissan tool, needs new O-ring and... its the wrong F@##king filter.

heres the one you can buy
1998955.jpg

and heres what apparently some lucky almeras get :
466140629_249.JPG

FUEL FILTER IS ALONGSIDE PUMP ON SOME MODELS, UNLIKE WHAT EVERY FORUM AND PARTS SALES WILL TELL YOU!
THERE IS NO WAY I CAN MAKE THAT FILTER FIT NO MATTER HOW MUCH I WOULD LIKE TO!

so damage done, time and money wasted. god i love this car! now its time to go pay for a timing chain

Yip I feel you on this one

I removed that whole unit and fitted a walbro pump inside the housing, had to cut and replace pipes though, then proceeded to fit a fuel filter in the engine bay.

To replace it with OEM unit was too costly

See blow what I did

Bought a new Walbro 255lph pump

Only to find out that these use a intank fuelpump and filter, and I could not seperate the pump from the filter casing

Decided to modify the OEM fuelpump holder by removing the fuel filter casing and dropping in the new pump with filter bag

Then add a fuel filter in the engine bay

cool tip thanks man! ive been meaning to get back to you sooner sorry bro

did walbro reccomend that pump for your car? or did you spec it youself, it looks right.
i cant find anything rated for the 1.5 almera except the whole new oem 160£ bosch part

did yours accept the new pump? all good?

Back
Top Bottom