Almera Sport n16 fuel filter?

Hi, i was wondering if anyone here could tell me where the fuel filter is on my 2001 Nissan Almera Sport 1.8, iv checked in the Haynes manual but with no joy, someone told me that these cars are maintenance free regarding the fuel system?

In short mate - they don't have one ! They have a fuel 'screen' in beside the fuel tank, but unbelievably there's no 'normal' inline fuel filter :(

Odd. It appears (from the FSM) that the Sedan has a fuel filter in the tank under the fuel level sensor but the Hatchback does not have one there.

That's what I heard too Stu - but check this out ;

Nissan Servicing Package No.3 - Item 35. 'Fit new fuel filter'.

So where the hell is it ? :confused:

I spoken to the parts department and they said the N16 phase2 do not have one its built into the tank and should last the time of the car

Nissan Servicing Package No.3 - Item 35. 'Fit new fuel filter'.

is that specifically for the almera ?

great im really confused now
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fuel-Filter-NISSAN-ALMERA_W0QQitemZ270477036193QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq20091029?IMSfp=TL091029187003r33331

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FUEL-FILTER-NISSAN-ALMERA-1-5-1497-10-02_W0QQitemZ330333221740QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4ce964f36c

yeah but that could be used for all the Nissans if you know what I mean like a workshop report ?

Yes, that's what I mean Darren - it looks like it's just a general outline for most Nissan models. Obviously the Phase 2 N16's are an exception to the rule when it comes to needing a fuel filter change. :)

thanks for all the reply's everyone, iv had a look all around the car and cant find anything and my local motor factors are clueless.

where i get all my parts from (been around for around 20 years) said that the phase 1's (1.5's) are built into the fuel tanks. i'll ask one of the lads at work tonight to confirm as i work 2 stations away from where the tanks get fitted in nissan.

Hi peeps, just to let you know there is a fuel pump and filter and yes it is in the tank. I replaced mine yesterday, and its not a hard job.

It's located under the back seat under a plate which has 3 plastic screws.
You will have to undo the plastic top and just pull it out, becareful as your fuel gauge is connected to it aswell

ive got an 01 plate almera so phase1 i think...

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom