Also saying hi

Hello everybody,

Since a couple of months im the new owner of a 2.0gti almera n15. A friend of mine who is a skyline owner recommended me to this site. Because everyone can help each other over here.

whats more to know ehm, im 22, live in the netherlands. forgive me if i make a typo, just correct me:D

and finally, i want to pimp my ride! hehe that sounds really funny. I have been looking everywhere for nice performance parts but i aint really suceeding. I checked www.nengun.com for an exhaust system, but it only has a nice 5zigen exhaust for the 1.6 version:mad:

Anyways, i am probably spamming my hello thread allready:cool: i will find the proper thread to post my questions where you guys buy your parts.

Greets,

Lars

Welcome, what do you want a full exhaust system? From the headers back? What do you plan to do with your car? Long term/Short term? Turbo or keep it N/A? Usually if you want a axle back exhaust system just buy a "pan/muffler tip" and take it to your local muffler shop and get them to deal with it for you. If you want a full exhaust system I don't know of anywhere that makes a full exhaust system for an n15, also I think it would be a waste of money :S they will probly want about 600-700$ for something like that. I say if you want to stay N/A just tell your local exhaust shop that you want them to make a custom exhaust system for you, I got one done for my old N15 and it cost me about 300$ that included labour and matierals. Just buy some headers off of ebay for about 100$. So all in all it should be about 400$. Grab a short ram intake for 50$ off ebay which includes a filter and your pretty much set for basic N/A mods. Now if you want to get further in the N/A game, buying some higher compression pistons, better cams, vavletrain, and a stand alone or chipped comp. or piggy back system to tune with would be in order. Aswell as a 50shot of NOS if that still isnt enough. If it was up to me I wouldn't go/stay N/A I would turbo what you have there now. Turboing I think is more satisfing and somewhat more cost effect than going N/A.

Will go into detail about each if you need me to PM me if you have any questions.

Well at the end of the day its totally up to you. Hope you find this site very useful, I did when I had my N15, enjoy and welcome again.

Welcome to AOC, I'm sure many of us will be glad to part you some knowledge. Perhaps sign-up as a full member, it'll be the best mod you do going forward. There is a wealth of ppl on here who have done pretty much everything you could do to an N15.

Enjoy the forum!
Leigh

thanks lads!

i was allready thinking of becoming a member, i think a colleague of mine has paypal so he can help me signup.

and to reply on dropkit i was thinking on buying a catback system, because its abit cheaper. on the other hand, i dont mind saving for a full exhaust system if it will give me far more HP.

The 5zigen exhaust for the VZR ( 1.6 ) will fit the GTi perfectly and is a lovely exhaust.

yeah? oh i was afraid that it wouldnt fit. because normally a 1.6 has ofcourse smaller piping then a 2.0 engine.

oh that's nice. would it eventually be a big problem if i want to put a turbo on my car?

by the way do you know any full exhaust systems for an almera, or do they have to be manuallly build, just like dropkit said earlier?

Well if you buy that 5zigen exhaust and an aftermarket header (can be purchased off Ebay for roughly £140) then all aspects of your exhaust will be aftermarket apart from the catalyitic converter, which can be replaced for a decat very cheaply.
Joe

okido, thinking of ordering that 5zigen pro racer a-spec(i guess thats the same exhaust your talking about) when my next paychecks comes in:) and you reckon that i will easily fit as any other exhaust?

like take the old exhaust off, place the new one underneath the car put on the screws/bolds and ready to go?

Simply bolt to the catalyitic converter, 2 nuts/bolts there, and there will be a joint just above the rear axle with another 2 nuts/bolts, clip on the rubber supports and you're away :)
Joe

hehe thanks, im abit of a newbie in this;)

besides the exhaust what are more stuff i can put on my car to get it more hp. (except taking the catalyst off and replace it with a pipe)

i know i can change the airintake (but which brand is best suitable for our type of car?)

but after that im out of idea's.

anyways im really thankfull for all the tips you have given me allready:)

Well if you buy that 5zigen exhaust and an aftermarket header (can be purchased off Ebay for roughly £140) then all aspects of your exhaust will be aftermarket apart from the catalyitic converter, which can be replaced for a decat very cheaply.
Joe

The 5zigen on Ebay has a delivery cost of £109 though! :eek:

Well there are loads of other options mate, do a search on the forums, there's hundreds of threads covering the various mods possible.
If you're fairly new to modifying cars, the exhaust and air intake are probably the first two mods you'll make..
You'll never get huge HP increases from simple bolt on mods though mate.
Look into aftermarket camshafts and a header maybe.
Its all on here somewhere, Joe

Sounds like you're getting excited, mate... I know I am, and I was never planning to do any mods. But I suppose when the exhaust needs replacing, a bigger one wouldn't hurt would it... Anyway, welcome to the club!

Back
Top Bottom