Another Noob

Hey i'm Rob I live in Blackpool i pick up my Phase 1 Gti On tuesday I saw it advertised on Auto Trader and i had to go have a look at it theres not many Almera's around my area seen only 1 GTi, i had to traveled a bit to have a look at one when i got there it winked at me so i had to buy it.

Standard Phase 1 i think its an R Reg 37k Its very clean just needs some TLC on the paint work, a few stone chips but nothing major. It drives nice and is quicker than i thought I am Giving £2000 for it whcih i think is good value for the amount of car there is. Ive been used to driving a 1.2 8v corsa for the past 3 years and after driving my dads R reg Almera Si i thought i want one but get the GTi as you cant beat the SR20De engine.

the insurance aint too bad £864 Fully Comp 2 yrs NCB with tesco. Still expensive comapred to £290 on my 1.poo corsa lol

Thanks guys

Rob (Garnz)

Welcome from me too...... Is that the mera I just told Dimond about a few mins ago (thread below this): ???

P624KTP said:
Hey Dimond,

I had an SRi for the last 4 years, but sold it last weekend & bought my 1st GTi yesterday!

I found it after searching ebay & autotrader for the last few months: Got a guy (Greg the Surrey boy) to take it off ebay for a fixed deal. The new car is mid '99 T reg, 32000 miles and immaculate: a real treat. I travelled from Wick (near John O'Groats) for 16 hours by bus into central London overnight on Friday: Met the guy at Victoria Street bus stn (behind Buckingham Palace), paid the cash and jumped in the 'mera: drove back home in a 10 and a half hour stint: Worth every minute & every penny! What can I say?

Go find a GTi (or an SRi) that meets your money and age / mileage wants & have fun...! There's a good R reg low miles (37k I think) on autotrader right now. Fine red paintowrk for 2300 squids or so: just came on today.......

I just drove from central London to Wick (near John O'Groats yesterday, after picking up my new red 'stealth' mera: Best drive of my life! London to J O'Groats on 10 and a half hours... :D

Back
Top Bottom