anyone put a headunit in the space above ashtray?

B

black_sri

just wondering how to do this as the space decreases in width as it goes in. A standard sized head unit wont fit in, but surely something can be done?

yup got a slave unit fitted to mine mate its exactly the same size as a normal head unit, you just remove the annoying plastic hole thingy 1st & your head unit will slot straight in. for a pic check my car domain site out :)

had a slave unit in there, but now have the actual HU in there....tis actually a better fit as theres more room behind, whereas in its normal place found that the RCA cables, were tight against that metal tube section

yeah i tried that too but with a motorized flip down head unit the gear stick gets in the way when you eject cd's :mad:

i got my headunit in there too, might be moving it some where yet, want the rear of the headunit hidden, with just a slot for a cd somewhere, and my front some where else, havent decided yet though lol
281433_54_full.jpg

i have done this in my N16. Left the original stereo, but unplugged. put my kenwood cd player in that cubby hole thing. Works a treat. and when peaking thru the windo, looks liks i have a normal deck and nothing else. wont attract thieves :D

just a quick note to thank you guys for your advice, put my dvd player in no problems. didn't even need a cage, managed to get those brackets from the side of that plastic cubby hole to go on my dvd player, fits snug! this is how it looks below.

Attachments

• Image011.jpg
    Image011.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 86
looks cool mate
got a quick question....i'm sure you can get DVD players (like the one you have) with support for 5.1 decoding, how would you wire this to your stereo?
say a pioneer for instance
can it be done?

my dvd player has a phono audio output, i used a normal phono to phono cable and connected it to the audio input on my head unit. Unfortunately the only audio input I have is for my cd changer so i used two to one phono plugs so i can have both plugged in at the same time, only problem is the head unit has to think that it's playing a cd from the changer for the audio input to be active, so i just leave my cd changer audio output disconected and connect it up when i need the changer, otherwise both would play at the same time. This is a bit of a wierd way to do it but the only way that will work for me, if you don't have an audio input on your head unit i can't think of any other way it can be done unless you use a fm modulator from your dvd player audio output, but then im not sure it would be 5.1 quality when picked up on your head unit. I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom