1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AOC Membership

Discussion in 'Membership' started by Hally, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Hally

Hally Administrator Staff Member

Model:
    ZX Turbo
    Chassis:
    T72
    As of today, there will no longer be a membership option on the AOC.

I have considered this a few times in the recent past, mainly down to how people interact with car clubs and forums. The vast majority of club activity is now on Facebook and the forum does not get as busy as it once was.

To hide the wealth of information behind a paywall doesn't really make much sense, opening up years of posts to search/Google will hopefully help people finding issues with their cars and who knows, maybe activity will pick up.

The forum will stay open and is still open for people to use/post etc. I am also opening up the FSM downloads, these are in 'Resources' at the top. The Members Lounge, Group Buy and AOC Discount sections have been hidden from view.

Anyone who has paid membership/renewed in 2016 will be getting an automatic refund, anyone who also wants a refund from the last 12 months, please contact me via PM.

So, thank you to everyone who has contributed to the club over the past 15-ish years(!), there is a lot of information contained within this forum and hopefully that will help people in the future.

Thanks,

GTi, porosblue, boghopper and 5 others like this.
  2. doofer

doofer

Model:
    1.5 SVE
    Chassis:
    N16 2005
    thanks to everyone that helped and contributed! :)
    this is great Hally, very grateful

3. almera96gtin15

almera96gtin15

Model:
    Red 1999 Gti
    Chassis:
    N15
    Thanks hally :) think its the right decision mate.

4. Darchitect

Darchitect

Model:
    Ambition 5 Dr
    Chassis:
    N15 P2
    Hmmm, perhaps we could have a contribution pot like a 'donate' option instead?
    I'm happy to continue paying, even if it's optional. Met many nice like-minded people here.
    I think it's the wrong decision but I do understand the benefits.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Hally likes this.
  5. Hally

Hally Administrator Staff Member

Model:
    ZX Turbo
    Chassis:
    T72
    I will probably add a donate option for people to contribute to hosting costs etc. at their own discretion, but I think the world has moved on from memberships etc. and most people do not want to pay for information, rightly or wrongly!

6. N16Almera_JDMStyle

N16Almera_JDMStyle

Model:
    S 1.5
    Chassis:
    N16
    Gutting to hear this but it's understand. I know I'm new here but you guys seem to an amazing group of people, will the stickers from AOC ever be available or they just none exist no more as I was planning on paying for the membership soon.
    Thanks Conor.