Audio wiring codes

Im having lots of trouble finding information regarding the audio wiring diagrams for my n15 almera gti. does anyone know the colours for the

Constant live:
ignition live:
Ground:

Obviously the ground colour would either be black/brown but the live wires im stuck on!
and before anyone states use the search button, I already have and cant find any information :(

Lovely cheers, i searched wiring guide but i honestly couldn't find anything or im blind, iv been on google last few hrs although i just come back in from making a home made bulb tester and worked it all out :(
My permanent live must have a dodgy connection / break as it worked but now doesn't? does anyone know of any other permanent live wires i can tee from behind the dash as i don't really want to be putting a separate wire straight to the battery (obviously it would have a fuse)
Any help would be appreciated :)

You sure you haven't blown the 10a fuse, sounds like it if you have no permanent live.

What you actually wiring in?

-phone-

Yes i have checked the fuse, its fine? i went to change my head unit but now neither units work, i cant get the pink permanent live to work at all with my bulb tester but can with the ignition live, when i initially put the old head unit in i had to wire a new earth wire (which is fine) i put a wire straight to the new headunit from the battery and plugged the harness in and it works, so it has to be a dodgy permanent live (100% certain)

So you have checked the audio fuse by your knee and the one in the engine bay next to the battery?

99% that's where your lack of a permanent live is.

So you have checked the audio fuse by your knee and the one in the engine bay next to the battery?

99% that's where your lack of a permanent live is.

Is there one in the engine bay? yea I have checked the one by my knee / just below the steering wheel, didn't think there was one in the engine bay tho o_O
Btw thanks so much for your help! :)

Yeah its caught me out before. I think its marked as 'Audio'
lol how stupid do I feel! in my defence tho someone has rooted a cold air feed right on top of the fuse box so I couldn't see the box at all, its working now with a new fuse :rolleyes:
thankyou :)

Back
Top Bottom