Audio Wiring Diagram

If anybody can help me, I would be eternally grateful.

I have a 2002 Almera 1.6L. I want to install a new audio system, but I am struggling to find the wiring diagram for the original audio system. The radio it had in there was the Clarion PN-1671L Cassette.

Somebody, please point me in the right direction before I blow something!!!

TIA

Henry

ok ok what do you need to know? I would not cut the original wires i would but a nissan to iso if you want to change the radio

Piss-poor service and bugger-ups are common in South Africa. Since I bought the car in 2002, I have expeienced only one satisfactory service.

So, I would prefer to do it myself.

What I need to know is what the wiring means at the plugs (2).

plug1.jpg

Plug 1

plug2.jpg

Plug 2

I hope this helps.

what are you fitting? a new head unit? or complete new system i.e speakers and head unit?

you should be able to get a connector that goes from those two plugs and converts then to standard iso which most head unit have

Just fitting a new head unit so I can play MP3 and use USB.

Adapters do not exist in South Africa as far as I can find out. Everybody look at me as if I am nuts when I enquire about it.

I found a small PDF file (not a peadophile) @ http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Nissan-Wiring.pdf that seems to have the needed info. Will check tomorrow. It is after midnight already.

Will let everybody know if it works.

Thanks

I personally would order a Nissan - ISO from the UK as when you come to sell the car you can easily put it back to standard.

Darren

I personally would order a Nissan - ISO from the UK as when you come to sell the car you can easily put it back to standard.

Darren

Good point, thanks.

Could you tell me what exactly it is I should ask or search for? ISO seems to mean nothing to the people here.

Found the right converter. I could not believe my luck! Guy had it laying around in his shop, did not know what it was for, so he gave it to me for free. For once I was at the right place at the right time. :)

Thanks for all your advice, Darren.

Cheers until next time.

Henry

glad you got what you needed :)

oh yeah by the way most if not all Nissans do not use a ground wire so cut the black wire off the loom and put it to the metal (behind the dashboard) you can use the aerial as a ground but I prefer not too

Darren

Back
Top Bottom