Autech Spoiler

What should i do??

• Total voters
Mods, don't know if this is the appropriate section so move if need be.

I've been pondering the idea of changing my spoiler, currently have the full autech kit, but i'm thinking of either selling the spoiler and getting a normal almera one or else maybe doing a swap plus a bit of cash my way!?

what do you guys think?? should i keep it or should i change to something a little more 'subtle'.

Also, if anyone is considering a swap.. make me an offer.. (would prefer your spoiler to be black and also located in Ireland!)

I'll try add a poll so you's can vote for me!

opinions please!!

edit. Pics of the spoiler are here... http://www.almeraownersclub.net/showthread.php?t=10078&page=4

I would definately keep it on as it completes the kit. I dont think the GTI spoiler would complement the car enough. I had thought the same on mine but i dont think it would look right at all.

I would definately keep it on as it completes the kit. I dont think the GTI spoiler would complement the car enough. I had thought the same on mine but i dont think it would look right at all.

thanks for the quick reply man!!! yeah, i know what you're saying, but i've seen another vzr before with the autech bumper and side skirts with the normal spoiler and have to admit, i really liked it!

also, can anyone tell me if a non GTi almera spoiler is the same as the GTi spoiler???

The non gti one doesnt have the high level brake light build into it, other than that its identical (presuming you mean the one that looks the same, not that random one found on 1.4's)

gotta say, i know it's sacrilege in these parts but i voted GTi spoiler! :eek:

it'd be a shame to break the full, rare kit but i do prefer the more subtle GTi one ;)

The GTI one is more subtle. But look at the Autech kit its not subtle it needs the autech spoiler. The GTI one is too small.

I'd keep the Autech spoiler mate. I took mine off last year and pondered the same idea.

I think the car looks too bulky with just the bodykit, it needs the spoiler on to give it that extreme look. There's another Autech spoiler that I had on my old Gti that's doesn't sit so high. It's the same one that's found on the N1's you could try and source one of those?

If you do decide to remove it and put the Gti/VZ-R standard spoiler on the plug for the brake light just plugs straight in. Don't forget though the Autech spoiler gives quite a bit of downforce, it's there for a reason and it does hold the back end down quite a bit. When I took mine off I noticed a diference in handling.

Ah so you bought it then and saved it! YaaaaaaaaaaaHooooooooooooooo!
Nice one Simcard just don't park it on the road eh! Yours is the N1 spoiler too.

Yeah its currently undergoing operation "former glory" so watch this space. I'm like a giant human iron getting out its thousands of creases. Will be mint when i'm done though. I even cured its annoying lumpy idle by simply turning the IAC valve, shows its not been maintained whatsoever :(

digging up an old post here..

right... it looks as though i'll be going against 82% of the aoc and putting on a standard spoiler over the weekend.

bought one off quickdraw and arrived yesterday so i'm gona have a go at fitting it tomorrow!

DSC03423.jpg

Thats what it will look like, I think its alright personally

Just noticed yours has got side repeaters on Alan never noticed that before? Still love that open mouth grille though!

Personally I would leave the spoiler on, you wouldn't take the spoiler off an Evo would you it's part of the car.

I think standard ride height with standard wheels, the Autech kit looks abit naff...but on coilovers with some low offset Volks or something it would look in it's place.

Back
Top Bottom