GTi

i cant seem to get a pic 200x200 thats under 20k that looks any good even on photoshop i select the slider to 0 the pic is terrible & its still to big in size !
what do you lads use ?

post the pic on here n lets see if we can sort it for ya....

before :-
ava.jpg

200x128 - 46 K

after :-
ava123.jpg

200x128 - 22 K

photoshop isnt realy nice to the pic's on 0 setting lol

reduced colour depth, here is your image 17.4k ish.

dan

Attachments

• ava1.jpg
    ava1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 55
here it is at even less size. around 9kb still the same size..but nice n sharp :cool:

Attachments

• ava.jpg
    ava.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 53
hellra1ser2k said:
reduced colour depth, here is your image 17.4k ish.

dan

how do you reduce the colour then ? can you do it in photoshop as i cant seem to find it ? i'm using version 7.0 btw

Resizing

Paint Shop Pro 8.0

Load Image
Image Menu
Resize

Photoshop 7.0
Load Image
Image Menu
Image Size

Reducing Colours

Paint Shop Pro 8.0

Load image
Image Menu
Decrease Colour Depth
Select 256 Colours for a good reduction in size (select 32k if you want slightly better image quality)

Photoshop 7.0

File Menu
Save for Web
Colours should automatically set to 256
Save

dan

why owuld you wanna reduce the colours if you can still keep the original pic...all I did to yours was sharpen it a bit and saved it thats it...no resampling or anthing....

Im glad of the new restrictions, hope it means less animation, it does my head in!only on 56k here, Ive never even been able to fully download zetentic's 1/4 mile animation, it also stops everything else downlaoding until whatever animation is downloading, ban all animation!!chop their fingers off etc etc lol
(and i aint upgrading to broadband until i can get a decent server that does it here)

Naylor - I think that you can turn off sigs and avatars on this new forum, if you want to. Have a look in the user options.

You're really still using 56k? I didn't realise that 56k modems still existed! :p ;)

GTi said:
i cant seem to get a pic 200x200 thats under 20k that looks any good even on photoshop i select the slider to 0 the pic is terrible & its still to big in size !
what do you lads use ?

Using PS7...you can get that picture even smaller without touching the colours....when saving do "Save for web"...even on the maximum setting it's small

Back
Top Bottom