Battery Light came on, request for assistance/advice.

Dear Sirs/Madam

I have a Nissan Almera 2005 1600 Luxar(y) Model built in South Africa.

The Makers plate says Model H15.

The Vin contains DNH15

The car has about 110000 on the clock.

The other night the battery charge light came on while driving in very heavy rain.

I have done the following:

Checked the terminals.
Checked every fuse I could find.
Checked the battery voltage after a short rest 12.6 volts.
The Battery is also new. Purchased March/April 2018.
The Alternator belt is in good order.
When the car is parked, the engine idling, the lights are on bright, the interior fan is running at setting 4 is on the battery voltage varies generally around 14.4 or more volts. The engine also adjusts its reves as you switch on and off devices.

What I have found the battery light flicks when I change from dim beams to bright beams. The same happens when I run the fan from speed 3 to speed 4.

Sometimes when driving the car on a short run. The light goes so dim you can hardly see it. Sometimes it is bright.

Perplexed, I took the car to an auto elec who performed all the same tests. Says there is nothing wrong with the electrical system. The Alternator is fine. All is in order, the car is safe to drive.

The Elec said that the Almera has a problem where sometimes the Battery Charge Light comes on and it is to do with a fault with the dashboard.

He said this is a common problem.

Last night I took the car for a small run and the battery light was as bright as ever.

Is this correct that the Almera has such a problem with the battery light coming on etc. or should I look else where for example change the battery or replace the alternator for example.

As this problem has me worried, I would not like to breakdown, the roads here in South Africa are dangerous especially if you break down, then anything could happen to you. I don't want to take unnecessary chances.

I would appreciate it if you guys with more experience with the Almera could advise me accordingly.

Thank you for your time in helping me.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom