battery relocation n15

Gonna do this midweek.
What amp fuse should I use between . Been looking at the killswitch style ones as below and possibly a flexi audio 4aw wire

I used good heavy welding earth cable before, got it off WWS in Dublin. There is a formula online that tells you what thickness/grade wire you need depending on distance and amps running through it.

Last edited:
Cheers .. is the welding cable flexible enough though for getting turns etcor is it real stiff ??plus how many metres did you go with

Cheers .. is the welding cable flexible enough though for getting turns etcor is it real stiff ??plus how many metres did you go with

It's abit stiff but still easy enough to work with. I think i got about 6 or 7 metres of it cause i made the earth lead off the battery with it aswell and still have a bit left over.

Is it necessary to run an earth cable the whole length back too ?
Or can I just leave the one from the engine to the chassis and then simply make a short one from the battery and bolt it to the boot floor ??

Is it necessary to run an earth cable the whole length back too ?
Or can I just leave the one from the engine to the chassis and then simply make a short one from the battery and bolt it to the boot floor ??

Yeah just earth the standard one in the bay and make sure you bolt the new one to a clean solid point in the boot and keep the earth as short as possible.

Back
Top Bottom