Been written off but bought back off insurance company

Helping a mate repair his almera, I reckon we could get away with secondhand parts. The headlights aren't broken. I'm thinking it will need a new bonnet, grille, bumper, front panel. Any tips or general advice appreciated, any good sources of used spares/panels?

almera003.jpg

almera002.jpg

almera001.jpg
[/quote]

thats a write off? how depressing, just makes you think about your own, and looks so easy to repair!

how much did you buy it back for?

Are the bonnet and bumper different for 5dr & 3dr variants? I have found the parts off a 3dr model of the same year and am wondering if they will fit?

There you go; The buffers that hold the beam, do they bolt in? The front panel near the driver headlamp is a bit twisted causing the headlamp not to sit correctly. We have located a secondhand complete front panel with beam and bumper support for £40 just wondering whether that would be the best action rather than to try and untwist.

almera002-1.jpg

almera001-1.jpg
[/quote]

IM breaking an sri - if you come round and remove the parts you can have as much of the front end as you want for £30. bonnet, wings, bars... whatever you want take it.

Lights/grill/bumper already gone :(

Dont think you need to replace the front panel imo...
I did cause it was corroded ....generaly in bad shape, but u just got the top bent a lil bit...
also got a cheap for 50euro and not worth the money, really thin metal sheet used, the holes don't really fit, need a lil hammer work with it...also a fucking piss to get the old one off, at least I hope u got a good welder at your disposal if you wanna go through it :D

Get a hammer and straighten the front top or...just cut the bent part and weld a new one..but believe me don't mess with the whole panel....not worth it ;)

Back
Top Bottom