best gear oil for almera gti for road and track use

Hello,
Have used redline mt-90 and motul gear 300. Am not very impressed with the motul at all and the redline was OK, but wasn't amazed by it. Am wondering if anyone else has used any oils that can be used daily but also can take the heat during track use.

Both are good oils. What are your expectations of a gear oil?
The GTi box isn't really that fussy what oil it has tbh.

I just feel that the motul feels quite notchy most of the time. And when I took it to snetterton, I found that it felt really bad once it got hot too, which is dissapointing since it seems to be a really well rated oil. I didnt know if there were any alternatives that feel good during daily use but can be run for extended periods and still maintain a smooth shift feel.

sss- i did e-mail them about their oils actually as I use their grease in my wheel bearings as it comes recommended; maybe I will give it a look! Looks like it meets a lot of high standards in motorsport.

Rowdy- maybe; the clutch bearing drags a little bit (OEM nissan clutch put in maybe 2 years ago) so I have some better grease for it when it comes apart and am considering a jim wolf clutch kit. But its not slipping under general use. Its a bit juddery now however

Back
Top Bottom