Big Drop!

• Thread starter Thread starter Falcone
  • Start date Start date
F

Falcone

Hi,

I am looking to get some lowering springs for my N16 1.8 Sport. I have found a set that will provide a 40 - 50mm drop all round.
Does anybody know if this my be to much of a drop on standard wheels or not?

Many thanks,

Falcone

Falcone said:
Hi,

I am looking to get some lowering springs for my N16 1.8 Sport. I have found a set that will provide a 40 - 50mm drop all round.
Does anybody know if this my be to much of a drop on standard wheels or not?

Many thanks,

Falcone

HI mate,

i have the same car and i have recently fitted a set of coilovers. the arches are huge on these cars and you will have no problem with a drop of 50mm at all.

i will say though, if you are just buying springs, avoid PI and Spax - the WILL knock.
i had both these makes of lowering springs on my car before i got the coilovers, and i sent both back, the top coils of the springs sat together, and every time i went over a bump they knocked like hell. PI suggested packing them with rubber, as i did, but it wore through. they were adamant that this wasnt a product fault.

and so - be very careful. if you want a 2nd opinion on this PM TallPaul86. he will tell you the same. although im not sure what springs he bought.

My dad has Eibach Springs and dampers on his old (refurbished) TVR. They seem to do the job fine. Dampers are nice and easy to adjust as well. Click wheel.

Thanks for the advice guys looks like these badboys are going to be the first (and certainly not last) change to my mera. Will keep you posted on results.

Falcone.

You interested in a set of K-Sport coilovers?

Got them through the group buy on here months ago, but never fitted them (never been out of the box).

PM me if your interested.

Yeah i THINK i got PI springs (they're red and have numbers on it that i can't make out) and SOMETIMES they make a kinda "vibrating rattle" noise as if they're shifting about a bit but then again that's every now and again...

If you're wanting to lower it PURELY on looks, go for springs. If you want uprated handling but don't wanna pay arse over head prices, go for a suspension kit (i.e. springs + damper kit) you can get these from Euro Performance (google the name) think they're about £350 for Koni Suspension Kits...

However if like Stu here you're actually any good at saving up over a period of time then by all means go for Coilovers. He's got that german brand KW Variant's on - Fred bought a set of K Sport ones from America...

So many things for the N16 being offered and no money to get them with - how i need to win the bloody lottery!! LoL

No knocking/vibrating problems on my Apex springs, they're not the most progressive springs on the market though, they cn be a bit bumpy on the moor roads around where I live.

Schnakey said:
No knocking/vibrating problems on my Apex springs, they're not the most progressive springs on the market though, they cn be a bit bumpy on the moor roads around where I live.

yeah ive heard all good things about those. i suppose you pay for what you get at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom