Bonnet Vents

Im after a bonnet vent to keep my engine that bit cooler coz it gets hot under there after i fitter my header,and i was just wondering if any of you guys had any ideas?

GTi (Mick) has got one off a trooper or similar and the rr guy said it was helping with under bonnet temp and it looks cool :cool:

big_al1983 said:
i was thinkin of one off an Evo what do u reckon?

Hey you've become a senior member - congats matey! :rolleyes:

I think an evo one might be a bit angular and look odd on the curvy GTi. Could be wrong tho

one of the boys now lol. could be right about the evo vent though.i'll shop around b4 i buy anything.its a make or break thing i think.

what you goto think about is the areo dynamics of the thing an evo vent is designed to drag air in through the front grill & out via the bonnet vents.
my bonnet vent helps keep the inlet chamber cool along the lines of a CAI.
so depends what you wanna do mate then shop around for a vent ;)

If things are getting hot under the bonnet, get some header wrap. Made by ThermoTec it's called CoolIT and is bloody marvelous. Keeps the temps down in the engine bay and I can actually touch the header (with the wrap on obviously) even after a long run in the car. Without this I'm sure my fingertips would have welded themselves well and truely !! Also keeps the heat in the header which helps with performance as hotter gases travel faster.

Back
Top Bottom