Boot Installs

How much do boot installs cost and do they sound as good as they look? I might be coming into some money and im thinking about getting one :confused:

>moved by Zetetic from General<

Where you from in the Northeast mate ?? , Seen 3 Red GTis in the past 2 days that ive got no clue of who owns em.

Boot builds can vary from £1000 anything up to £10000
my mate has spent £7000 in his (that was including all the bits)
but looks really nice
you can have something simple, or you can go crazy

have a look in the "members ride" section under "turners cars" <----i think its that
there are some nice ones in there

As Coare said, it all depends... Can cost silly amounts.. Depends if ure after MDF/Fibreglass etc etc

Gynx said:
Where you from in the Northeast mate ?? , Seen 3 Red GTis in the past 2 days that ive got no clue of who owns em.

mmm,looks familiar :rolleyes: sure ive seen it in silky,as for install it all depends on budget and if you do it yourself,also depends if you need your boot :D

People actually use MDF in the car ?? , bit daft aint it being one of the heaviest woods etc. I'd go for Plywood

Supposed to give better sound deadening isn't it - or do people just use it cos it's cheap :)

I live in sunderland and normally go down to the arnison center or to south shields. I might have seen you car about what colour is it?
:confused:

dj craig said:
mmm,looks familiar :rolleyes: sure ive seen it in silky,as for install it all depends on budget and if you do it yourself,also depends if you need your boot :D

Thats where i live in silksworth so yeah it was probably mine :D im thinking of getting a boot install using vibe gear cos i've got the new Q Bass 6x9's and a 12 inch sub and they are great!

Alexandra Bridge Coachworks for the Outerbody spray , insides , moi

Gynx said:
Alexandra Bridge Coachworks for the Outerbody spray , insides , moi

I might be able to get discount there cos i want my car back to 1 shade of red, its about 5 different shades atm :mad: Any idea on the price for a respray?

I paid £400 , but thats cos we used to work with him (Eddie Serties) so it was a favour kinda price.

Id guess about 500-600 for the entire outer shell painting. If u want them to paint the insides of the doors , Boot & engine bay (i wouldnt bother) then id guess about 800+ as them bits take days literally.

Although if you do go for repainting the engine bay , physics suggests Black to suck heat away from the engine itself.

Might make it a bit cheaper if you supply the paint n all & get all the colour codes for them. Basicly the less work you do , the more they'll charge.

They buy the paint from MAJ paints (go accross Alexandra bridge , turn left to go past NE-Motorsalvage & take ur next left , its round there) so if you went round there & got it urself (ask eddie what you'd need first) it might make it a bit cheaper , but if anything speed up the process. If you dont know ur colour code , speak to craig in there , he'll be able to match virtually anything to a colour chip.

Oh , if you need ur colour code by the way , open the bonnet & check the chassis plate , its on the bottom row , far right. Could even go for a non-standard shade of red. Would still be able to say its red if you come to sell it , but could maybe choose a better colour (keep tabs on any new codes you pick). Rosso Red anyone :rolleyes:

:eek: Thanks thats great i was expecting to pay more than that cos i went to a bodyshop and they quoted me £1500 + £450 for a bit damage to the rear!

Ah now thats a bit different , Any dents need to be filled in panel filler & cracks in bumper would probably be done with bridge filler (Fibre Glass) due to it being plastic.

Still.... I doubt he'd charge anywhere near that much.

Gynx said:
Ah now thats a bit different , Any dents need to be filled in panel filler & cracks in bumper would probably be done with bridge filler (Fibre Glass) due to it being plastic.

Still.... I doubt he'd charge anywhere near that much.

At the end of the day seeing yours i know im going to get a good job and im willing to pay the extra thanks mate you've been very helpful ;)

Gynx said:
People actually use MDF in the car ?? , bit daft aint it being one of the heaviest woods etc. I'd go for Plywood

yep, MDF is much better, more solid and less flexiable, plywood is all too wobbly, weight isnt a massive difference, its either heavy, or a bit more heavier lol
depends on how far you want to take an install aswell, simple like a false floor and sides for amp mounting, or the full on works

NaylorGTI said:
yep, MDF is much better, more solid and less flexiable, plywood is all too wobbly, weight isnt a massive difference, its either heavy, or a bit more heavier lol
depends on how far you want to take an install aswell, simple like a false floor and sides for amp mounting, or the full on works

Hello steve i only registered the other day i thought it would be a good idea with me starting to mod my car just been looking at the sr20ve engines they are only $1695 and i think that includes being shipped! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom