cassette deck/cd

K

keef

Hi
I am new to Almeras and new to this site so be gentle please!!
I have a 1.5S RH drive 2002 and it has a cassette(!!!) - underneath I have a space for what may or may not be for a multichanger CD unit. If it is what model number is the CD unit and how would I connect it - please not by getting someone to take the whole of the central dash facia off!!!?
Also the remote locking on the key only works to unlock and not lock - surely that cannot be battery although I will change it, I aint paying over £100 for a new un - any thoughts on that too?
Thanks in advance and safe journies to you all.
Keef

Don't know the multichanger model number but may be able to find out if it's in the service manual.
To be honest you'd probably be cheaper with a replacemant MP3/CD head unit instead, the standard CD-changer is likely to be expensive and/or obsolete.

I'm pretty sure your 2002 and my 2000 N16 Almeras are the same (very likely if you have a cassette player).

This thread covers how I replaced my cassette player with an MP3/CD unit (just ignore all the stuff about the amp).
The central console is really easy to take apart - 2 minutes tops.

There is a CD autochanger that fits into the space under the heater controls, its a 6 disk one. however from nissan these are really expensive, and a 2nd hand one is no good either as once it has been used in a nissan, it links into the NATS system and therfore before it an be used in another nissan it must be reset at a cost of £60 - 80.

to fit a CD player you have to take the dash to bits although this is relatively simple and as said there is a thread on here as to how to do this.

with regard to the key, to me it sounds as though the swtich inside the fob on the mini circuit board is feked. (common prob). however you could try replacing the battery. having replaced the battery, you have to reprogramme the key fob to the car. you have to do all the keys though. you can do this in the following way -

1. switch of the ignition, remove the key and ensure all doors are unlocked

2. insert one of the keys into the ignition and switch the ignition on (untill the dash ligts come on) and off 6 times,

THE INDICATOR LIGHTS ON THE DASH WILL FLASH

3. remove the key from the ignition

4. Hold the back button down on the keyfob you have just removed from the ignition and press the front button 3 times (while holding down the back button)

5. release both buttons

THE INDICATOR LIGHTS WILL FLASH

6. repeat steps 4 and 5 for the other key(s)

THE INDICATOR LIGHTS WILL FLASH

7. insert the last key you have programmed into the ignition and switch the ignition on and off once

THE INDCATOR LIGHTS WILL FLASH ONE FINAL TIME

and there you have it - Keys linked into the remote locking system.

Any probs with this drop me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom