cd changer!!

M

moh

HI there, i've just bought an '02 e-type almera & the thought of driving about without a cd player is driving me nuts!! :eek:
can anyone advise me on what type of cd changer i should be getting for it?
I'm pretty clueless when it comes to cars & thought i'd just be able to swap my existing stereo over, but obviously not!! :door: :doh!:
Thanx in advance!! :D

if you got a standard sony head unit, you should be able to fit a standard sony changer. But depend on head unit.

Do you have the bog standard casset head unit? if you do then you might strugle to find a cd changer to fit the unit but you should be able to swap the head units over. You will need a harness converter (Ref:pC2-72-4/1) and a facia adaptor (Ref: FP-22-02/1). To remove the head unit: remove the trim around the bottom cubby hole by pulling the sides, next open the top cubby hole and pull it forward. You should now see 6 screws, remove the top four screws and pull the head unit forward. To fit the new head unit all you need to do is follow the instructions in reverse order.

Baz

Thanx guys, it seems to be just the standard unit, how would i know if it wasn't?
will get my brother to check it out n see what can be done!!

so is there no standard set up whereby u can attach a cd changer to the standard cassette head unit.
I dont fancy changing the head unit in the car.

Back
Top Bottom