CF Bonnets for N16

O dog should be able to make the bonnets the same as the OEM N16 Bonnets or he could make them the same as the one that shakey had (bad-boy bonnet)
Bonnet
OEM bonnet
N16BonnetSideView2.jpg

Badboy bonnet
BonnetMod.jpg

in carbon

if you are interested post up which one your interested in.

Think this is a massive waste of money. A decent CF bonnet will be £hundreds and I don't see what benefits it brings to the n16?

If you want to save weight / go faster - the bonnet of the N16 is the least of your worries.
If you want a badboy bonnet - there's cheaper out there than c/f.
If you want the c/f look - why not buy sticker film?

StevenC said:
Think this is a massive waste of money. A decent CF bonnet will be £hundreds and I don't see what benefits it brings to the n16?

If you want to save weight / go faster - the bonnet of the N16 is the least of your worries.

Totally agree with ya Stevo - if it were under £300 then possibly i would be interested but the likelihood of that is similar to my car lasting another year...

In my mind if you wanna save weight/go faster like Steve says then really you'd have had to have done "A Rowdy" (i.e. rip everything out - Stereo, Other Seats, Carpet, Clips etc) to really start noticing a difference. And even at that you'd be as well making moulds for the front wings, rear tailgate - hell why not a roof and some bumpers? No point in doing things by half is there?

Again this is personal taste but i think Badboy bonnets should be the reserve of Corsa's/Saxo's/Fiesta's etc.

However i would highly suggest that c/f film not be used - looks crap, looks cheap and will certainly do the "Mera image" no favours by slapping on something that was knocked down in price from Halfrauds.

If someone was still convinced "I want a c/f bonnet for me N16" then i remember getting a quote from a guy who has a garage in Milton Keynes that does custom carbon fibre jobs and getting a quote of about £900 for the bonnet and moulds and time etc. Can't remember the name - something motorsport. They race old skool fiesta's

I quite like Shakey's bonnet but have to agree that a CF bonnet on an N16 is probably a complete waste of time unless it's just one part of a drastic weight-reduction plan which again is likely a waste of time on an N16 tank.

StevenC said:
true

StevenC said:
not really a bad boy bonnet will be about £200 on its own around here Shakeys bonnet was about £200 modified but put it this way he had slight problems with it. When I went to get the alloys off him under the paint it was rusted and a bubble appeared.

StevenC said:
the cf film will cost about £100

Back
Top Bottom