Changing HU in 05 Tino (the one with the LCD on top)

Cry for help from a noob.

Hello, I have just bought an 05 Tino, basically a good motor, but the stock radio is crap and the CD is jammed! Has anyone successfully changed the head unit in one of these to something half decent? The dash aperture for the CD player is smaller than single DIN so it looks like space would be tight in there...I'm looking to install a single DIN unit so may be do-able. Is it totally impossible, or just how much aggro to achieve? Service manual not a lot of help (are they ever?). Really missing my handsfree and digital music library. Also wish to keep status functions on LCD (not radio ones though). Any help/advice appreciated.

LCD as in mono screen?

It is possible, ill be doing the same thing for my almera this week so will post up my findings and you can see if they help you.

Hi,

Check out this thread, it should provide most of the information you need :) (if you read the whole thread that is! lol)

http://www.almeraownersclub.com/thr...reen-to-sat-nav-cd-player-to-play-mp3s.48018/

This post in particular: http://www.almeraownersclub.com/thr...nav-cd-player-to-play-mp3s.48018/#post-677269

James.

Hi James, thanks for the quick response. Great way of using the steering remote too. I did check your thread previously, but wasn't too keen on the limitations re directories (and their names) imposed by the Yatour device, plus the lack of bluetooth. Grom do BT, but still dir issues and silly money prices!
I have seen reference to moving the stock HU and putting another HU in it's place, but could not find any pics of the installation. Have you heard of that? I am not averse to hacking the wiring loom in order to get the connections, but would prefer not to cut the fascia (well not too much, anyway...)

Graham

LCD as in mono screen?

It is possible, ill be doing the same thing for my almera this week so will post up my findings and you can see if they help you.

Hi Liam, thanks for your reply. The LCD is a colour one which sits proud of the dash. I'll try & post a pic later.

Graham.

Back
Top Bottom