Clear Side repeators for 2001 model N16

I have ordered these twice and now have 2 sets of the same side repeators.

Both are meant to be for the N16 almeraa (oval shape and the same ones for 98 micra) but neither fit. Both the wrong connection. Anyone tried this and found they had to re-wire or are there different ones i am meant to get.

where'd you buy them from?

the clear side repeaters from Smithy fits like a glove for me (on the N15)
but he has oval repeaters for the N16 also, they are supposed to fit bolt on.

One of the pairs i have are from Smithy but they dont fit - they have the wrong connection.

Hvae been to many garages who all said they were wrong. I dont really want to rewire as i aint a very good with the electronic stuff

Sounds weird.. really weird.

I don't know of anyone else who've had problems with the repeaters from smithy.

You shouldn't need any rewiring at all since the only electrical part of it is the light bulb and the light bulb socket.. the socket is a twistfit socket.. which means you twist it to remove it from the reflector.. the reflector is just a piece of plastic you should use the new bulb in the old twist socket and then just put the twist socket in the new white reflector. and voila you're finished.

or are the N16 repeaters diodes?

I have had the same problem my lights are direct replacements from nissan and are completely the wrong fitment, its not like you can just swap the lenses either (well without ungluring them and regluing them to the original holders) since the bulb holder is not only a different size but a different fitment. The connections your talking about are propitory to nissan and my local dealer cannot get hold of them by without buying an entire wiring loom! Which is a bit drastic.

The only thing I can think of doing is soldering the wires on new clear houseing connections then fillind the void with something to stop them touching then cut the old ones off and join the wires which is what I am going to do.

Its all a bit drastic for chaning the repeaters though.

at last - someone who actually understands and shares my problem - which is a very big one.

I am thinking of just attaching the clear side repeators and leaving them unfunctional becuase re-wiring etc seem like too much damn hassle - already blown the fuse three times trying.

Yeah I must admit I thought it was just me with the problem and I was been stupid, but even the local nissan lads were a bit perplexed. I checked on my Dad's phase 2 N16 and his are the same fitment too, show how they are a direct replacement I will never know.

If I get some time on sunday I'm going to give changing them a go, I will take some pics and make some note avaliable on my site then if you want to do it you at least have a reference.

Shakey, if yer at Billing next wekend come and see me and i'll see what i can do for yer. I've a trade stand directly behind all the nissan clubs who are all in one big line up this year.
cheers
smithy

lol i would really like to see detailed photos of the old and the new repeater and the connector and twistfit socket!!

can someone fix that? maybe we can have a looksey and see what's wrong

No worries mate will take some when I get home from the office and post them tonight:)

Would be good if you have suggestions before I start chopping on sunday I would appreciate it but even the nissan lads were at a loose end:(

Bytey

Evening just knocked this together a series of photos and descriptions of whats going on. Hope it someone can shed some light on the problem.

Sorry about the delay got caught up at work

http://www.wayne-tech.co.uk/sundry/repeaters.htm

Shaky have a look at the pictures and let us know if thats the same problem your having as well or it could get confusing!

Have a good night lads

aye matey - we is having ze same problem :confused:

I am thinking of just sticking a lick of apint over and being done with it

OR hacking at a sport model (with clear repeators as standard) and having a wee looky inside.

But then there would be an almera going around Dundee with no bloody side repeators :p

Oh well what to do

Screw it time to slice and dice I think, I'm not up for having unworking repeaters even if they are only going to be there until I get new mirrors sorted. Hopefully by the end of tomorrow I will be rolling with nice clear ones:)

I'm now sporting clear repeaters at last. About an hour or so's work with solidering iron and some heat shrink/insulating tape:)

Much better than the orange ones!

ok i see the problem.. the clear side repeater is sporting the same twist socket as featured on the N15 models!

whilst you original has N16 connector.. i guess it's soldering time for you :D

I've done a little 2 wire loom for this repeater now myself, requires nothing more than simply cut yer 2 wires, crimp on bullet connector and plug in, sorted in less than 5 mins. Was hoping to sort shakey out at billing, but too late. Have also sent the pics above to ABC design and asked them to either modify the bulb holder or include a loom to suit, as simply the repeaters are listed as your fitment, keep you guys posted on what comes back, in the meantime i can sort any out myself any that are purchased from me.
cheers
smithy

Back
Top Bottom