Craigs New Datsun Sunny

Well, as some of you know i've been lookin at breaking my mera to pay for what i've dreamed of since i used to have an n14 sunny gti. I always wanted an ivory gti-r with fmic and non vent bonnet etc. Well i'm makin this into that, kinda, ish - not really...

It's an import pulsar 1.8, sr18de automatic :lol: with lsd ;) :cool:

yep, bleedin automatic - but the shell is immaculate with no rust anywhere and thats the important thing for me with an old n14. Surprisingly quick too tbh, if the stupid manual box didn't change up too early at 6.5k revs and drop the revs to 4.5k, it'd stay in the power and i'd say give a standard n15 GTi a good test :p

First off i've already fitted my rotas from my mera. Otherwise it's totally standard apart from nismo shocks with 40mm spax springs, and the fto brake converison my mera had is also already done :D

So, for the project. I'll be converting it to manual :eek: somehow. Either using parts from another manual import 1.8 gti, or from a combination of sunny gti bits and stuff from my almera.

After that it's ve time with the engine im just startin to build which will go in - hopefully giving somewhere over 200bhp/tonne comfortably. Also, i'm not overly keen on the grey color, so it may be changed along with a few GTiR parts, front bumper, spoiler etc.

Tomorrow i'll fit my momo wheel out of the mera, then at some point my corbeau buckets, other than that she'll stay fairly standard cosmetically in and out.

But here she is now....

P1190049.jpg

I think I might have also spotted this advertised somewhere. Good luck with your project and I look forward to some daylight pics!

cant wait to see this built

always had a soft spot for the n14, very underrated car (except the GTiR obviously), be good to see it progress.

cheers boys n girls, i'm well excited if a little nervous about whats ahead!

cant wait to see this built

always had a soft spot for the n14, very underrated car (except the GTiR obviously), be good to see it progress.

yeh cheers, me too mate. always loved n14s. I do like the n15 but i really fail to see how anyone can think the n15 is that good lookin or better than the n14. OK it's more modern and curvy with the ph2 GTi kit especially, but i fukin hate that horrible ghetto booty it's got. Those back windows on the 3 door are like patio doors! :lol:

To me the n14 feels like a proper 'hot hatch' size n shape, the n15 is like a family hatch made warm with a fancy kit. I still love em don't get me wrong, but when compared with an n14 like this....i'm sorry no contest - albeit the ghey bonnet needs to go....

796px-Gtir1.jpg

Now you mention it the rear of the N16 is of closer relation to the N14 than the N15. Body comes in up to the bottom of the window, and slants back from the spoiler to the rear lights.

photo-whoring of the traitor car that no-one likes :lol: .....

P1200056.jpg
P1200047-1.jpg

P1200048.jpg
P1200051.jpg

P1200052.jpg
P1200057.jpg

P1200058.jpg

I've got a black R spoiler i'm gonna go put on in a minute, then i want an R front bumper. Some heko wind deflectors, dewiper the rear and respray in white or ivory :D

maybe some jdm tyte orange corners and repeaters?....

The wheels make it, and I like the front end. The fogs and GTi bumper(?) adds a nice bit of detail whereas a GTIR bonnet is just a mess of detail. The back I don't like but at the same time it's clearly of jap design :).

Looks clean mate, and seem like a good foundation for your project :thumb:

Keep the colour definitely and leave the lights clear. Looks wise, coilovers... then you're DONE! (in actual fact the ride hieght isnt bad and only a few more mm would finish it off).

Nah leave it that colour, looks really good IMO.

The wheels make it, and I like the front end. The fogs and GTi bumper(?) adds a nice bit of detail whereas a GTIR bonnet is just a mess of detail. The back I don't like but at the same time it's clearly of jap design :).

Looks clean mate, and seem like a good foundation for your project :thumb:

Keep the colour definitely and leave the lights clear. Looks wise, coilovers... then you're DONE! (in actual fact the ride hieght isnt bad and only a few more mm would finish it off).

cheers boys

nah i fid the GTi bumper a tad borin - the GTiR ones, as long as uncut with no gaping hole for an fmic, look really nice.

i agree about the back end and am tempted to fit a UK number plate lip instead of that square plate surround.

ride height is nearly low enough on the nismo shocks n spax springs - it handles brilliantly, nice compromise too not being overly harsh.

as for he colour, i can't help lookin at n14s in black, red or white and preferring them. the colour#s nice but on an n14 shape looks a touch tame. i think my hearts set on white as it has been for years since i first saw a white R :rolleyes:

White right..

Ive painted my fair share of white cars.. ha..

Definatly Ivory White.. rather than Brilliant white imo

yeah man leave it alone just fiddle with your ve stuff :)

look nice man, that engine looks familiar? ;)

what you gonna do about the getting it to manual? youll need to replace the whole box surely? and the lsd wont fit in a normal gti box :/

lovely example mate. Obv i too have a soft spot for the n14 but i found the back end too twitchy when stripped. Go for ivory white, tis a lovely colour. Also get some R rear lights as the tiny red squares of light on the corner doesnt look good. :D

well craig im looking forward to seeing this develop into a n/a monster!

take it you got the hang of the auto box!?

glad your happy with the car

White right..

Ive painted my fair share of white cars.. ha..

Definatly Ivory White.. rather than Brilliant white imo

yeh i'm thinkin ivory too - soon as my next pay cheque comes in and i find a gtir bumper i'll be givin you a call kristian - want it white asap :lol:

yeah man leave it alone just fiddle with your ve stuff :)

look nice man, that engine looks familiar? ;)

what you gonna do about the getting it to manual? youll need to replace the whole box surely? and the lsd wont fit in a normal gti box :/

yeh it will be new box, linkages, clutc assembly all in, some wiring trickery to fool the car, loadsa bits. i may have found a nice donor though ;)

lovely example mate. Obv i too have a soft spot for the n14 but i found the back end too twitchy when stripped. Go for ivory white, tis a lovely colour. Also get some R rear lights as the tiny red squares of light on the corner doesnt look good. :D

yeh cheers paul, i was gonna pm yuou actually - what happened to your sr? didn't it have a gtir front bumper on? ;)

well craig im looking forward to seeing this develop into a n/a monster!

take it you got the hang of the auto box!?

glad your happy with the car

yeh well chuffed with it mate. i love the auto box on the motorway but god it's shite round twisties lol, keep wantin to drive it hard cos it handles well with those nismo shocks but the bloody thing is always in the wrong gear and pissin about changin up n down :lol:

also, why the fuck does it beep when in reverse like some kinda hgv?!!! haha

Back
Top Bottom