Curious headlight problem (Pics included)

I can't link my imgur album, so I attached the pics. On the last image it can be seen the left lamp projects really nice.
WpMxKFo.jpg 32vAzGW.jpg0XH5W8p.jpg GGX5aJw.jpg
It seems half of my right headlight is blocked by a metal part inside the housing. It is a fixed part in it and it seems it was manufactured this way, but I feel something is wrong. It blocks half of the light emitted from the bulb. I couldn't disassemble the housing itself cause it's basically a 10 years old plastic peace and the patents break easily so I gave up on it. All I could do was just look into it after taking out the bulb. This way my right light is significantly weaker. Another reason I was thinking, is that I read about some N16 recalls mentioned because the bulb housing was melt or something. I haven't noticed any melting, but maybe I did not check it thoroughly.

I've seen another Almera but it's headlights looked perfect. I'm turning to you if you could help. I bought another used right headlight from a local *bay site but it seems it's useless since the part that would hold the bulb is melt/broken. -30€ :-/ And it seems the metal parts inside the housing look the same. So maybe it's not related at all.

I'm not sure if this is related: I have rear ended a car a few years ago with my right front side, but I don't remember whether the problem existed before, hell my mechanic pointed it out later that it looks wrong.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom