daily drive cams

What would be te best cam for daily drive wich will gain most hp. I contacted JWT and they suggested s4 cams or the c2 cams package, could be 25 hp gain. But i need to drive daily.

Neither of those cams are a direct fit in the Almera GTi's engine.
And neither are really suited for a daily drive.
Joe

JWT did not told me at all those cams wouldn 't fit directly. I was thinking about s3 cams or 91 intake cam, will this be a direct fit in the almera gti. I need to know for sure.

no neither of them will because you have a low port sr20

all the cams you have listed are for the high port sr20

JWT S3R are what you want almost everybody on here with cams has them

on a side note S4's would be awesome for a daily :)

all the info for cams is on the sr20 forums which is where your getting your information with talk of the intake cam....

Neither will be a direct fit mate.
You need to do your research on here.
Almera GTi engines have ROLLER ROCKERS, so you can only use JWT S3R camshafts, which is what most people use on this forum.
There are other alternatives from Kent, Piper, Catcams and Tomei.
Joe

Your engine is definitely a ROLLER ROCKER motor... Guaranteed mate.
If you use a Primera P10 head you can use any of the other JWT cams like the S4's or C2's like you said.
Joe

I'm not sure to be honest.. I have them myself but only because I can't be bothered to switch to NON ROLLER ROCKER because I hate the idea and I don't think its the most efficient system personally.
They do feel good, and some people have had decent results with them.
Joe

I want to try to keep it simple. Just going to the garage and tell the mechanic to change cams. So those s3r cams will do the job. I don 't want to change to non roller rock.

Thats what I'm saying.. Tomei produce a nice cam for our non roller rocker engines too :)
Check out member Mera_red_gti, he has these cams and has made great power figures!
They are also cheaper than the JWT cams.
Joe

Back
Top Bottom