Darren198712's new car

Darren198712

Just chillin'
Right it's been a long time. I have been busy working and have not had time. And since I move to Audi I have rarely been on here.
I have a Audi a4 b7 2.0 170bhp tdi Quattro special edition in red I will post up pics soon. I really do miss my Mera but I don't have time anymore to do massive conversions like I did before

Ah that's no the same A4 I saw you with last, nice Quattro upgrade there.

Don't let it stop you coming to meets dude. Things like JAE it just means you have the park the VAG outside.

Right it's been a long time. I have been busy working and have not had time. And since I move to Audi I have rarely been on here.
I have a Audi a4 b7 2.0 170bhp tdi Quattro special edition in red I will post up pics soon. I really do miss my Mera but I don't have time anymore to do massive conversions like I did before

Grab a nicely modded one and buy a "built then bought" sticker. That's how I roll.

Good to hear you are still around and what Ed said, would be cool to catch up at a meet.

I need to turn up to some meets. Could turn up in the Audi as a support car lol. I might be getting rid of it soon but I can't find another one I like. I want a 3.0 Quattro because it outperforms the 2.0 and has the same if not better mpg. Also 2.0 tdi engine is very poorly designed due to the oil pump failing (common fault as it runs on a stupid balancer shaft)

Not impress with Vag at all. Golfs, passats and audi's are too complex for there own good

Such a shame the P12 was fugly, would have made a great Diesel cusier otherwise with the YD22 and a slick saloon body. A simple update from the P11-144 was all that was needed. The US got it ok with the Maxima.

If I went back to a Japanese motors it will have to be petrol and with a pre 2000 motor in it. Maybe a n16 with a sr20 or something similar

The Japanese don't make good diesels hence why they are sourced from other manufactures. Look at Mazda engine diesels suffering with dpf issues and the Toyota d4d with injector and egr and emissions related issues

So far I have seen
Vw diesel in a misubishi
Isuzu diesel in a civic
Renault diesel engine in a Suzuki
Psa diesel engine in a Mazda 2 and Mazda 3

some others I have seen
Psa diesel engine in a ford fiesta
Psa diesel engine in a Volvo c70
Psa diesel engine in a fiat

Also what was BMW thinking putting a Psa petrol engine in the new BMW mini (2010)

Speak for yourself. I rate the YD highly in terms of drive. Not the best in economy, but still good, and very smooth and quiet relatively. Also the Honda 2.2 CDTi is a great engine, they put of lot of effort in the engineering for that.

I've heard of plenty of VAG and Fords having big issues with their Diesel engines. I think like most engines, they have weak points. Just Nissan that seem to hit the jackpot with the SR20.

Luckily the YD problems seem to only be the Turbos.

Unless 112bhp, no turbo issues so far 3years 80000 miles of hellish torture driving like an ass always towing shit that's way too heavy, just today i raped it around a field full revs in 3rd

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

No way would the 3L get better economy than the 2L.
well I rather have a inlet manifold runner fail on a 3.0 v6 then a oil pump balancer shaft go on a 2.0.

When I brought the car I had to replace the turbo. Timing belt and a service. 4 months down the line the dpf light come on so I had to remap and remove the dpf and egr valve. So far it's ok.

Well here we go
It's a 2006/2007 Audi A4 2.0 TDi special edition Quattro. With optional Bose audio and xenon lamps, auto lamps, auto dimming centre mirror and leathers

The special edition has black instead of chrome around the windows and a bit more colour coding

So far mods wise is
retrofit aux for iPhone
wind deflectors
Yellow fogs
Black badges (anti chrome)
Egr mapped out
Dpf mapped out and gutted
Rear led lamp upgrade
White interior and exterior lamps

null_zpsb12f60a8.jpg

null_zpsdf79f6e3.jpg

null_zpsacf3ef3a.jpg