Dash board lights

D

dannyboy

Hello,

How easy is it to replace the lamps in the dash board. The dials are fine, it is the area where the mileage/time/outside temp is displayed.

It's not the end of the world if the light do not work but it would be handy to see the time when its dark etc.

Cheers

Dan
2001 N16 Sport+

Check your fuses Dan...Had this trouble on mine when I first got it. Its the fuse box by the steering wheel and not the one under the bonnet. Worth checking first..easy to remedy too.
PS Like your new car by thr way....dont fancy me wheels now then eh!! :lol:

Biggest headache i had since i got my N16, the dash lights what a bugger, just had them replaced 2 weeks ago, had to be done by a nissan dealer.. this is the 3rd time. Belive it or not i had to end up with some make shift LED's and i have close on neon blue lights there, because NISSAN in SA dont even stock it because the N16 never took off sales wise in SA, hence no spares freely available... **sob**

TallPaul86 said:
Thinking about getting custom made dials - white background - then shove blue dash bulbs to make it look shit hot :D

where do we get the dials from me want very much. just went down the road of blue bulbs from ultraleds, biggest pain in the back side i have ever encountered, nice effect but the red lines and pointers are very hard to see in the dark

Gilly said:
where do we get the dials from me want very much. just went down the road of blue bulbs from ultraleds, biggest pain in the back side i have ever encountered, nice effect but the red lines and pointers are very hard to see in the dark

Like i says previously you/we will have to find somewhere that does custom dash dials and ask for a quote...

I'm sure there is - that JC bloke fae Max Power (the one with the overdone Punto) had custom made dials for his motor so there must be somewhere which can make these...

Just not Lockwood :mad:

TallPaul86 said:
I'm sure there is - that JC bloke fae Max Power (the one with the overdone Punto) had custom made dials for his motor so there must be somewhere which can make these...

Just not Lockwood :mad:

lockwood :rasp: indigo :thumbs:

mileometer/clock back light

the left half only of my n16 mileometer/clock back light has gone , could this be a fuse ? my local dixon nissan dealer wants £120 to fix ! just had a level 2 service there today plud new front pads/ brake fluid and pollen filter £234 how does that compare elswhere , dealer in birstall near leeds.

Skipping the servicing question (sorry ian :roll: ) anyone know how to get to the air vents, like inside them? Saw an awesome motor on a cruise last month, had stuck green LED's inside the vents and it looked the dog's hairy's. :cool:
I've already drilled the plastic wells on the front right/left doorwells and stuck red LED's in there and they look good at night... glow up from seemingly nowhere right up the side's of the doors :cool: ... unfortunately their hooked up to my ignition (actually the remote cable for my amps... which are hooked up to the ignition :( ), I'd prefer them to be hooked up to the lamps that come on when you open the door's, etc, anyone know where those cables run to/from :confused: ?

So... how do I get into vents (have asked a Nissan engineer and her weren't sure!!) and how do I get to the cable running to the door open'y lamps on the roof?

Cheers in advance!

ian burton said:
the left half only of my n16 mileometer/clock back light has gone , could this be a fuse ? my local dixon nissan dealer wants £120 to fix ! just had a level 2 service there today plud new front pads/ brake fluid and pollen filter £234 how does that compare elswhere , dealer in birstall near leeds.

just take the dash out and check the bulb, not hard at all. two screws on steering wheel boss (coulum), take cover off. two screws on dash surround, pull and turn to side to remove. then take the three screws out from the clocks themselfs and remove it (well it wont come right out but you can turn it to access the bulbs. illumination bulbs have black covers, twist and remove. see easy and save you lost of money

Back
Top Bottom