dashboard bulb conversion

Has anyone changed the standard bulbs on the dials to the coloured ones on a later N16?Is it difficult to do and is it effective?Have been looking at ones for sale on e-bay.Also is changing the gator on the gearstick difficult to do??Any advise would be much appreciated.:confused:

I've done this on my phase 1 N16 thinks its the same as the later N16 (as I got a speedo cowel of a phase 2 N16 and it fitted fine on mine). Two screw at the top of the speedo cowel, and then give it a pull from the bottom, you will need to adjust the steering wheel to its lowest setting, once the cowel is out 3 screw to take the dial cluster out then swapp the bulbs over. I swapped mine for Blue LED, changed the LCD bulbs when I was there too, I got mine from here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN:IT&ih=010

Its the T3 ones for the LCD display (3 bulbs) and the T5 can be used to swap the instrument lights (think you need 3 of the big one but I order 6 to have spares) they're really bright (well the LCD's ones are super bright) so you get a nice blue dash, and best bit is no faffing about they're a direct replacment

cant get your link to work either,will try searching on ebay for it,deffo gonna go ahead with this now,thanks for the info.

My bad here where I got them from

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2pcs-T3-T4-T5...ms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

I have a photo of them fitted but theyre very hard to photograph as you can't see them when its light and when its dark the bloody flash goes off so you can't see them that well

N16almera4.jpg

Defo think it worth doing though as its a fairly cheap mod and looks good, I ordered about 6 of each bulb that way I've got spares and I'm sure the guy combines postage

Not sure of the bulbs needed for the heater controls, as it looked a pig of a job and I couldn't be bothered, an thought it would look a bit odd if the half the centre console was blue (heater controls) and the rest was white (stereo etc)

So behind the mileage and clock readout they are T3 bulbs and for the rest its the T5. I'm probably going to get mine ordered because it will go nicely with my interior light, my A pillar gauges and my stereo.

Mick

thanks for the pics ,looks the business.your dials are slightly different than mine tough.going to order them today anyway,thanks for your help,much appreciated.

No worries, remember mines a derv so the rev counters different.... yep T3 for the LCD bit (where the mileage is etc) and the T5's for the rev counter etc, not 100% sure if its the same for a N15 though

Yep it is me selling the knob on ebay. Its quite straight forward, although I wrecked the old gearknob taking it off, it was fooked anyway and just could get enough purchase on it with the mole grips, so I just hack the knob off (the leather/ plastic bit) with a saw and was left with a big metal nut type thing, this was a lot easier to grip with the mole grips and came straight off. I think it can vary as they are glued in place a little and its depends how much glue was put on, good tip it to try tightening the knob a little first and then unscrew...

sorry for the long winded explaination, basically if your not fussed about messing up the current knob its easy...

Thanks,was looking at some on ebay,dos`nt seem to be any moevment on the one thats on it now(the same type that you`re selling).Want to change the gator as well.

Back
Top Bottom