de-globing

hey guys, got the orange glow indicator bulbs and took out the indicator light.
cant remove the plastic cover without breaking it. looks like its guled on and the plastic bits u decompress arent decompressing. any nifty tips to deglobe would be gratefully appreciated.
merry x mas

several ways do a quick search. i used the method of cutting up the orange globe with sidecutters. no need to mess about with ovens and hairdryers.

trying to catch santa at it. no joy yet, he must be running late. depends what method you prefer. if you push the orange globe it will seperate from the rest of the light. you can then cut it up and pieces will fall out of the hole. i personally perferred this method because i didnt want the hassle of heating my indicators up and trying to separate the glass. thought i might mess it up and be left with no indicators. lol

stayin with my parents for x mas.... only time i get to use the pc to look at rude pics :D
na really, just got in and fancied touchin bases with AOC.
cheers for help, looks like ill be avoiding all work tomorrow by hitting my lights with a hammer :D ta m8

Done The De-globing Mod And It Really Makes A Big Difference To The Appearence Of The Vehicle, But Damm Them Orange Globes, Theyre A Fe**er To Break Inside The Lens!!!!

i drilled a few holes in the orange globe through the bulb hole to weaken it, then snapped it into pieces with a pair of plier's

I found it easier to just take the indicator unit out and soak it in red hot water for about 3 to 5 mins. The glue pulls apart really easilly after that. Then I de-globed the unit, sprayed the inner silver black and clear siliconed the unit back together (didn't need much though as most of the glue was still there).

Really easy mod and makes a nice difference to the look deffo. I'd never heard of de-globing till I came on here!!

i did mine just before JAE and my globes are still in as i didnt think to get silver lamps, so a thin spray of grey paint/primer over the globe, looks deglobed and still flashes bright orange with white lamps. Did one side with the hot hot water method, worked a treat, slight bit of leverage with a screw driver or similar and the lense pulled apart.

Tryed the second one in the oven and it deformed the lense so im staying well away from the oven for when i do my new one to replace the deformed one ive got at the moment.

all i done was put it in boiling water for about 20 mins... at the same time sprayed the inside black, for P2 GTi style :)

i did chip the inside bit of the lens when prising it open but it can't be seen anyway

when i put it back together, i put it in more boiling water and then cold to set the glue!

it does steam up this way for a few days, unless you hairdryer it!

any pictures of this incredible trick . i,m looking in to doing it myself .?

Back
Top Bottom