Deglobing Phase 1 Indicators

just picked up my phase 2 headlights and was wondering if any1 has deglobed thier phase 1 indicators! ive been told that phase 1 and phase 2 indicators are the same? is this true?

think im jus gunna try and brake the orange bit rather then the 'oven method', seems easier to just break it?

any help would be much appreciated!

thanx rim

I second that. I must admit i didnt like the thought of using the oven method but its easy. Put them in for about 8 mins at 100 degrees and they should pull apart nicely. Once you pull the indicator apart you can hit the back of the globe with the handle of a screwdriver and it pops out, easy.

I done mine when bored at work, didn't have an oven so got the dremel out! :D Worked well and only got one scratch on the inside! But i did cut my finger :roll:

yeah i don tit the oven way, i heard some ppl had done it on here and tried it and only broke one little clip, still holds together really well tho and looks much better.

Yep best way is to break that as i did , didnt scratch anything tho.

BANNERcopy.jpg

I think there are a different between Ph1 Side Indicators and Ph2 ones i had different Indicators on each side i think my left one is from a Ph1 ai need to get it changed.

There was a previous thread on this topic but looks like its been removed.
I thought about breaking it out on mine and changed my mind very quickly.
It will take you a lot of time and effort to do that.
Also taking the risk of scratching the lens.Have you seen how thick the globe is? :lol:
I have recently done mine using the oven method,its all about patience and breaking the seal a bit at a time
All ovens are of course different,you decide what temperature you feel comfy with but be realistic.
I finally did it a few weeks ago and it was a piece of piss.
When it was in the oven I also didnt take my eyes off the lens for a second.Wrong temperature and too much time in the heat and your lens will be going in the bin.

Heres what I did,
My fan assisted oven was set on 50.
Push the lens in the light by using your thumb(this will make sense later)
I put it in oven,waited 1 minute.
Took it out,felt how hot it was.
Needed more,another minute.
Used small flathead driver and pryed the plastic clips upward to enable the lens to move and gave the base a bit of a twist with the screwdriver to see if it would budge.
Also dont pry on the vunerable corners of the lens or it will crack.
I put it back in for a minute.
After about 5 minutes,and three more times out,the seal had been ready to stretch.
Ones you can pry the lens from the base about an inch,then hold both pieces with your hands and open.There will be gunky sealant stuff!
Now if the globe was still in its original position then you would have to mess about pushin it in at this point.Plus you could get that black gunky seal everywhere .Not to mention the sealant is cooling now obviously.
Because the globe has been pushed out of its base before putting in the oven,this will enable you to partially open it up and scoop the globe bit out very quickly.
Once out,press both bits together again then put it in the oven for another minute.
Take it out,really press them together then let cool.
Worked for me mate.
Good cheap mod to do though and looks better.
Just dont forget you will need a new bulb as the ones in there are white.
Hope this helps.
Result :D

Back
Top Bottom